Whelp. Time to order some more steel. So what's next?

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Decking steel remains a bottleneck here so I don't want that operation to pause. I need to keep steel in the pipeline and it's getting close to time to order more steel.

We're going to do another K20 pre-order. We obviously left a lot of frustrated demand there. But, even assuming we buy enough steel for another hundred or even 200 swords, that's not enough tonnage.

In addition to the K20, I need to order steel for other projects down road.

We are running basic five now and a new EDC starts soon. The Shiv is about off of all of the machines now. We have steel for a 10-inch chopper and after that, there's not much material remaining.

I want to revisit the super duty. Or maybe the HDFK? We ought to do that kukri. Help me think, what else should we be looking at?

It feels like there is a lot of demand for the HDFK based on prices. It would be great to make that classic design available again.

It’s been a while since you ran a chopper so the light medium chopper you mentioned being on the drawing board would be cool; same with the kukri depending on which you feel more excited about.

I also think a kitchen knife whether it’s a revisit of the potato knife, a santoku, or a more classic chef’s knife would be great. I think in the past you’ve mentioned it’s not your strongest design area but I would think you could find a collaborator if you wanted to invest the time and energy.

I would also love a skinner or update to that model.

HDFK

Edit: it’s iconic and the rarity has put the price up so high they’re hard to get and hard to justify using. A second run would be a way of getting more user HDFKs in the wild. And I could get one in OD terotuf, which would be dope.

Last edited:
Back