When are the Stone Wash finised SIFU D-2's coming out?

I just go my stone washed Sifu in D-2 Enhanced this morning! VERY COOL!
I orderd mine from Discount Knifes and asked about D-2 and got an e-mail back that said they could not find any D-2.Well...to my suprise, I was sent the D-2 (for the price of the ATS-34!:) I'm very pleased with Discount!!!

NO NEWS, is sad newes! BTTT???

------------------
Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear. G.Liddy

ArchAngle: You should read the last post befor you reply
smile.gif

You can order a SIFU D-2 from Discount Knifes! http://www.discountknives.com/
Good luck to all!

Scopegod,
The Sifus mentioned in this thread are the BladeForums Special Edition D2 Sifu.
These only come from 1SKS and have only one finger groove instead of the standard five that my other Sifu has. These are limited right now to a production run of 75 stonewash versions and 75 BT versions. All serialized and with letters of authenticity.

------------------

Well guys, this is it!!! I just called 1SKS and they informed me that they JUST got the BF SE Stonewash Sifus in moments ago and that they would start shipping them out starting out tomorrow. I just thought that I would share my happiness and excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Ho hum. It's 3/8/01. Ho hum. I'm at a point where the only way I could get excited is for Jennifer Lopez to personally deliver it to my door wearing that green dress.
wink.gif

I know what you mean toothed. It's almost anti-climactic at this point.

1. It's no longer unique since they are putting D-2 blades in regular Sifus, and some people have received those first.

2. So many other knives have come on the market. My tastes have also changed. I'd rather have a nice fixed blade -- like a Nimravus, or Terzuola designed Cuda -- over a "megafolder".

3. Spring is coming and my other interests are calling. That money for the SIFU could have gone towards my motorcycle insurance.

I'm sure it's a great knife but marketing theory would say that there was to much lag time between the announcement of the product and its release.

I know what you guys mean, BUT, mine arrived a few minutes ago. It was worth the wait! I like it very much. I hope you end up getting yours soon so you can also feel the relief of the waiting being over.

------------------

I take it all back! (I'm such a fickle person). I just got my SE SW Sifu today. It is worth the wait and the money. I don't know how many are still available but if you haven't ordered one yet you might want to check it out.

The knife has a neutral balance at the first(index)finger cutout. The blade looks similar in appearance to ATS 34 (I guess the difference should be in the performance of the metal--not in the looks). The right side of the blade bears the inscription "Special Edition" and your serial #/75. Noticeably, there is no mention about BladeForums.

IMO the omission of the additional finger cutouts make the knife look sleeker and sexier (I think I'll name my Sifu "Jennifer"--see my previous post). For my intended uses of the knife the special grip does not adversely affect my hold on the knife. (Others who will use the knife for other purposes may not like this design and will probably opt for the original style--to each his own). This SE Sifu is what I envisioned it to be.

Also included with the knife is a Letter of Authenticity signed by Christina and Mike--a nice touch. Thanks to Rekat and 1SKS for delivering this fine product.

I'd like to hear from others who should be receiving their SE Sifu soon. FTC, any luck yet? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you buddy.

Although this knife is collectable, I know I will use it often and with confidence. The world will be divided into two groups: those who have a SE Sifu and those who don't--be part of the first group before it's too late. Be nice to Mike and Christina and then beg for one.
wink.gif

I really like my BF SE Sifu!! If any of you folks get yours and don't like it let me know, maybe we could do some tradin'. I have a few real sweet production folders and a few bucks to work with.
Regards,
Clyde
cwpatrick@mindspring.com

Back