When do CF Military 2 sprints drop?

Hope base steel is not s30v as shown , maybe magnacut or cruwear
I think the video said S30V. Although I am interested in a sprint run I am just wondering if anyone knows where to get the standard model or if it is available for purchase?

I think the video said S30V. Although I am interested in a sprint run I am just wondering if anyone knows where to get the standard model or if it is available for purchase?

The knife was basically just announced, and hasn't been in a reveal yet. I'd cautiously say the military 2 is another 2 years out at least.

I agree - The PM2, boy, I love the PM2!!, was my introduction to S45VN steel, super steel as a whole, in fact - the reason, I thought, why the switch was made to S45VN is because it tended to roll more than chip. Not just by Spyderco, but by Chris Reeve, too? I have heard S30V has a near unnoticeable higher edge retention.

Wouldn't S45 make more sense on a longer blade, especially? I would rather it roll, too, with how close it is to S30V in retention. I wonder why they would make that switch... just for the PM2 and the Pochi, if I'm thinking correctly.

On the other hand, I trust Spyderco.

Bladehq now has a page for military 2 saying "coming soon." Looks like S30V is confirmed. Not sure why they didn't go with S45VN?
To be fair, the BladeHQ 'Coming Soon' page is a nice resource because they'll put pretty much anything that gets announced on there. The downside of that is that there have been a number of knives in that section that never ended up getting made. I don't think the Military 2 will end up with that lot, but just a warning that it also doesn't mean the knife is imminent in any way.

I am thinking I am become tool steel, though, because I just look at some of the strength of some of that stuff compared to the stainless, the way it sharpens, the edge retention. So, the query - fight for one of the initial drops, wake up and set a timer for an S30V Military 2, or wait like, three months after that for it in (could be) a tool steel. But then that'll be an exclusive. Third option - secondary market. But that's how I got the first wobbly PM2 I have. Some people like to cut with the knife a lot, and sell it, so probably will stick with new.

Been having good luck with scoring the sprints and exclusives that I really want, lately, Rex 45 and M4 has me wondering when Spyderco might do some CPM-Rex M4. That IS a steel and I have heard it is something good from a custom maker.

I imagine the initial drop will be bigger than some exclusives.

CPM M4 and CPM Rex M4 are the same thing.
Thank you, I got wrong info.
I asked him, "Do you mean Rex 45 or M4?" and he said "I mean Rex M4!" and, well, I guess the lesson is I shouldn't assume someone knows what they're talking about just because they can buy/make/have made a thousand dollar folder.

I am wanting a black DLC bladed military 2, and wouldn't even mind if they made a lightweight FRN ctsbd1n version like a para 3 if the price was reflected appropriately.

I was under the impression with it winning the 2022 award means it needs to be available to purchase within 2022, it would be weird to give a annual award to a knife that releases years later but I guess not impossible. Either way I can’t get one in hand soon enough, I have abused my pm2 on a scale of intensity over time that I’ve never done to any other knife and it’s just amazing, I make custom furniture and it’s used for some wild stuff over the last 10+ years. It really changed my opinion on their s30v vs other fancier steels, and the compression lock vs any liners. I’ll gladly take a standard model as a main user as soon as possible.

I was under the impression with it winning the 2022 award means it needs to be available to purchase within 2022, it would be weird to give a annual award to a knife that releases years later but I guess not impossible. Either way I can’t get one in hand soon enough, I have abused my pm2 on a scale of intensity over time that I’ve never done to any other knife and it’s just amazing, I make custom furniture and it’s used for some wild stuff over the last 10+ years. It really changed my opinion on their s30v vs other fancier steels, and the compression lock vs any liners. I’ll gladly take a standard model as a main user as soon as possible.
Glad to hear that about the S30V. Was hoping S45VN would be enough in one of my "fancy" PM2s, and in my S30V Wharncliffe PM2. People call it chippy.

Definitely glad I used a stainless (S45) with Titanium and will be using carbon with wood scales. Much better idea. Much more nautral.

What are the differences between the current Military and the upcoming Military2?

Back