When I said i was gonna build folders this is the knife most of you expected

well that sux
sorry

is it in the dumpster already?
gonna take me 12 hrs to get down there

bBuHa.jpg

I tried adapting a 1/4 stop pin to the design. It didnt leave enough land to make a good lock up blade started contact in middle of lockbar. Because of the material i had to remove to swing around the bigger stop pin. A valuable lesson. My folder production will be limited. I'm gonna just start working on them on Sunday. Try to produce 2 a month. And am not interested. In taking orders for them. Lol

J.- do what you do best. Trying new things which no one does means breaking ground on difficult and uncharted territory. You have an amazing skill, thats why you get the respect. Make what you want and however many you want. That being said, I know you are going to make the sickest fatty folder ever. Keep on doing what your doing, you rock. Here's to hoping I can be a lucky owner of a Horton sized folder.

I tried adapting a 1/4 stop pin to the design. It didnt leave enough land to make a good lock up blade started contact in middle of lockbar. Because of the material i had to remove to swing around the bigger stop pin. A valuable lesson. My folder production will be limited. I'm gonna just start working on them on Sunday. Try to produce 2 a month. And am not interested. In taking orders for them. Lol

Save the slabs, make a new blade, then make a stop pin that will fit each slabs 1/4" hole, but turn the center down (the area that is exposed in between the slabs) to 3/16" (I think that is the stop pin size you used before), this will put you back to the original configuration/geometry, correct? I hate to see you throw away good materials, Tom Mayo said something like (but I don't remember the exact words) all knife makers make mistakes, the good ones figure out how to fix them and end up with a good knife. Give it a try (maybe after Blade) and see what you come up with.

:D

14 hours of experience. Always look on the bright side of life ;)
I think it was Thomas A. Edison also who said that it was good to map all the dead ends to know where not to go...

Back