When is the Mini 940 coming out ?

it should be called the 945. with 2.95 inch blade with 3.9 inch handle, regular size axis lock and thumb stud size with same thickness of blade as 940. Will it be out next year finally ? Can't wait and I've been waiting years like so many others. The Valet might have fit the bill if they didn't botch the thumb stud and axis lock size. Too small and makes it fumbley. never should have been green lighted with those small studs and lock. it ruined a beautiful knife design. it was clearly Osborne inspired but it was badly butchered. Ergonomic nightmare unless your a small child trying too open and close it. Do better this time with the Mini 940 please. Thanks

I’ve always been interested in a mini 940. G10/S30v and CF/M390version.

I would love to see a mini 940 just as you described it would make a great EDC,work knife for places with a 3" knife law.
come on Jimmy its your chance to shine

707 fits that role for me, but I'd be curious to see this one anyway

i wouldn't want the handle or blade any slimmer than it is, just shorter. need to keep the strong blade and point as it is. To me this is what makes the 940
such a good EDC and work knife and allrounder not to thick or not to thin but still strong enough for the average work day

Change nothing except take off half inch in length and you come up with a more pocket friendly and more legal knife. Love the 940 but a mini would make some sense in many ways. It would knock a lot of 3 inch blade knives out of pockets and even a lot of Benchmades mini stuff. It would sell huge. The 945 would be the appropriate name. Give me a 945-1 CF with M390. Pocket Perfection!!!

So I guess Benchmade should nix Mini’s? The Mini Grip didn’t make sense, or others? Seriously!!!

Most the other mini BMs have slimmed the knife in more than just length which is why their mini variants make more sense than a 940 which is already a fairly slim model. It can be too long for some peoples carry and for some laws so I do understand the request for it but it is certainly something that may not be near as popular as many of their other minis.

So I guess Benchmade should nix Mini’s? The Mini Grip didn’t make sense, or others? Seriously!!!

This comment make no sense. Benchmade's 2018 lineup is basically the year of the mini. The 940 being a mini doesn't make sense because ALL the other mini are reduced proportionally across the entire build of the knife, so structurally the Grip, Crooked River, Presidio, etc. make logical sense to build a mini. The 940 however can't be shrunk the same way because the handle profile is so small now doing a proportioned reduction would result in a handle too small for most hands. Going the other direction, just shrinking the blade down and shortening the handle will give it more of a stubbly appearance which is in direct contention to the exact reason the 940 is an iconic design and it's loved by so many.

Count me in for a mini-940. Knock 1/2" off the length, and leave everything else alone.
Make a whole brand new knife for someone who needs a half an inch taken off? Seems somewhat ridiculous..

Just choke up lol

This comment make no sense. Benchmade's 2018 lineup is basically the year of the mini. The 940 being a mini doesn't make sense because ALL the other mini are reduced proportionally across the entire build of the knife, so structurally the Grip, Crooked River, Presidio, etc. make logical sense to build a mini. The 940 however can't be shrunk the same way because the handle profile is so small now doing a proportioned reduction would result in a handle too small for most hands. Going the other direction, just shrinking the blade down and shortening the handle will give it more of a stubbly appearance which is in direct contention to the exact reason the 940 is an iconic design and it's loved by so many.

Ymmv, but I concur; for me the proportions are what drew me to the 940 (thankfully, no blade length limiting laws where I live). The slim and trim design which balances portability with in-hand ergos for a great looker and a great user put it on my "must own" list as soon as I saw it for the first time. Love my 940, and in fact, I'm carrying it with me right now at work!

AissBcQ.jpg

FaJD4HN.jpg

Back