When is the right time to buy?

Let me explain, I've been thinking for a few months I might need a new sebenza. So every few days for a while now I check out all the sites and see if anything new shows up.

So the problem is I have found 3 wood inlayed and one small unique I like. And no, I can't buy them all.

So how do you balance when to buy something you like, with the possibility you will like something better in a week or two?

Thanks

The great thing about the Benza esp the wood or decorated models is you can sell them months or years later for prety much what you paid for them second hand. The price 'adjusting' means you don't really see any 'cheap' Benza's.

Go for it! Now is always the best time to buy, Sebi's always sell well, look at the waiting list for wood models for example... only 60 per year is quite exclusive.:)

the best time to buy is as soon as you can afford something. think back to the early 80's when you could buy an ar15 at any sporting good store for $400.00. prices go up and silly laws get enacted. if you snooze sometimes you lose.

Originally posted by DaveH
So how do you balance when to buy something you like, with the possibility you will like something better in a week or two?

That's easy Dave...when I post something for sale, that's when you buy ;)

Seriously though, the General is right - the only Sebenzas that you really take a risk paying full price for is the plain models, as these see the steepest discounts even when sold as NIB.

Do it, and do it now! :D

Matthew

There are only TWO inlayed now, since I just bought the third. ;) If you wait, others will make the choice for you. It happened to me, when I was deciding to buy a particular Decorated Umfaan at my favorite Internet knife dealer - the knife was sold the next day.

You can try a technique called "future pacing": you mentally pretend you actually bought it, and the purchase is already in the past. Then gauge your emotional reaction to it. This will help decide if your choice is a good one.

Good luck.

IMHO you only live once. Refinance your house and buy EVERYTHING! As your home appreciates in valve refinance it again, and buy everything! Eventually you will live in a cardboard box, but you will have one hell of a collection.Ultimately you will grow tired of most of them. Sell em for a down on another house and so it goes. I don't advocate this method for everyone but hey it works for me. ;)

Back