When you cheat...Who is your mistress? Just curious.

How do you like your Dua Fferrell? I've been thinking about getting one lately.

Also, nice Davison AKWILD! I love his work.

How do you like your Dua Fferrell? I've been thinking about getting one lately.

Love it! I gave the SATU to a kid in my church who's dad got stage 4 cancer, so the Dua is the only one I have now. It's not the slicer my Sebenza is, but all around it's nearly perfect. There are YouTube vids you can watch showing the pivot system, and it's right from the CRK book. Plus, I think they cook their s30v a little different and I find it holds a really good edge. :)

I was recently asked if you lost any knife which would you not replace and why? Thought it was a great question. My pick was this kershaw don't even know the name of it. Some how it made it into my silverware draw and I use it all the time for mundane tasks. Never clean it or sharpen it. After thinking about it I wouldn't mind if it disappeared so that I could rotate a sebbie into the spot. Anyone else have that spot in the house for a beater. Much love to kershaw but it's not a Crk. image.jpgimage.jpg

I carry a Mnandi 90-95 % of the time but each of the following have seen pocket time.

Mayo Covert / 6K Blade

Strider SnG / PD-1 Blade

Love it! I gave the SATU to a kid in my church who's dad got stage 4 cancer, so the Dua is the only one I have now. It's not the slicer my Sebenza is, but all around it's nearly perfect. There are YouTube vids you can watch showing the pivot system, and it's right from the CRK book. Plus, I think they cook their s30v a little different and I find it holds a really good edge. :)
I've heard the F&F on them is fantastic. Looks like the Dua would make a great all around EDC.

Strider SnG / PD-1 Blade

Did you bend out the clip on your SNG? I've heard that the DGG just tears pockets to shreds unless you loosen up the clip.

I must admit I do cheat from time to time. Here are a couple of my newer Mistresses..
photo_zps4a5fd12b.jpg

Just came in today! This may be the most beautiful and most perfectly put together knife that I've ever owned. Its a jewel of a knife.

Stan Fujisaka SL w/ Mammoth Bark and Ti bolsters.
i2NFgbbj8yThD.jpg

iAGjhI65jBerh.jpg

iB11M0VbylaKJ.jpg

I really only have two that I cheat with, and that is not often. A Three Sisters Forge Beast and a Three sisters Forge CCT left handed that rides in my left front pocket.

I don't consider it cheating. I just have another mistress in addition to the little lady. I have a rotation of strider, TSF Beast,hinderer and a couple of spydercos that I put through the mill. The CRK is light duty only

Well. sometimes you just gotta hack the snot 'outta something. In that case I leave my more civilized CRKs to the side and pick up my BRK Golok. If it folded it would be my EDC, and that might make the Umnum jealous. :D

DSCF8815_zpsf24c4411.jpg

BRK Bravo 1 gets a shout-out as well. It's a love triangle I guess. BRK are the only mass produced fixed blade knives that pass muster for me (of what I can afford). They are not at CRK's extra high level of fit and finish, but are very awesome for what they ask for them. Any OCD knife person would be (reasonably) happy with one, or two, or three.

DSCF8336_zps020eb6fa.jpg

When I cheat, it's usually with my secretary. She's always at work so it's convenient.

SA54289.jpg

What were you guys thinking?

Spyderco, Kershaw, Benchmade, Zero Tolerance, Busse, ESEE, Becker, and more. :D But this small "nuked" Seb is usually with me at least every other day, if not more often.

Back