Leather When you spend all your money on infi and have to DIY pants

musicisevil

Gold Member
sHoU3xY.jpg

xTIEOOE.jpg

lXz7Neq.jpg

CHiIBdj.jpg

Couch leather and hemp twine "sheath" on CS FatGW.
I hope I haven't made anyone throw up in their mouth :poop:

That sheath is kind of bad ____! Couch leather custom. I like it . 1 of a kind . Beautiful knife by the way.

That's how you go ninja with a grail :thumbsup: That is hog treachery LOLO!!! In the street rod world I dub that a "Sleeper" :D

Perfect example of wise commitment of resources!

Necessity is the mother of invention.;):thumbsup: I just hope that the leather is vegetable tanned so that the blade is not affected by chemicals, as is used in other tanning treatments.

Haha nice job! Yeah don’t get it wet in that sheath................ or feed it after midnight! ;):D

I would just restitch that belt loop. Make a straight line, or a rectangle nearly spanning the width of the flap, but about 1/4" spacing between the two horizontal stitches.
Those two little knots may tear out if the sheath gets snagged and you don't want to risk losing that.

Also, waxed thread is cheap, $3-4 or so and it will hold more weight and pressure than the hemp twine.

Also, make sure you have a welt stitched in, otherwise you risk cutting the threads and the sheath opening up on you.

That being said, I wouldn't mind finding it.
What state do you live in again? The belt loop and stitching is fine...
:D;)

As last post said, once the twine stops holding the sheath together put a thick welt in there! If couch leather is all gone, you have some extra by the belt loops. And waxed thread, or thin brass wire will, or fishing line, etc, keep it together better. Much better than my first sheath!

Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone! The flintstones crack had me rolling. I told myself I wouldn't defend my abomination, but do feel I should mention the following:
I Limited myself exclusively to materials and tools I had on hand, so buying waxed thread would have been a slippery slope. May as well get a real scrap of leather and actual leather tools while I'm at it right? Besides I waxed the twine so now it's super twine! :p
I did include a two layer welt, although through dumb luck, I managed to place a stitch perfectly in front of the talon hole that prevents the edge and tip from contacting the welt/stitches further down for now.
Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that those two black stitches aren't the only thing holding the belt loop down, I may be cheap but I'm not THAT dumb. I scored the area, roughed it up quite well and then used adhesive. The stitches are just to keep the edges from peeling. Not by any means trying to claim that shoe goo will hold or is a proper means of securing leather, just wanted to defend my intelligence a little. Although disclosing that may actually be hurting my case...:confused:

Last edited:
Back