When?

Hi Bob - do you know approximately when the next run of Carnivours will be shipping out to dealers? TIA.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Dexter Ewing

We will be caught up by the end of May so mid May for the big shipments. The Carnivor is the first knife we are Machine Grinding ala Berger CnC grinders. I am flying to the vendors with 1,000 blanks to oversee the operation and meet with the vendor ( picky picky) and check out his facility. I like face to face meetings and want to check out the capabilties. The test samples were great just need a few minor changes and fine tuning.. Pat and Wes Crawford are working like dogs to catch up also. We are also working with Rob Simonich on a very limited run of Talonite Carnivors ( need one). Pat Crawford will also have Talonite in the next few months.

Bob Taylor

------------------
Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints and escaping.

Bob - thanks for the info. The Talonite versions sound quite tempting. Do you have any pricing info on those yet or is it too early in the game to tell?

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Dexter Ewing
At this time we are expermenting with a cost effective manfacturing process and pricing of such. More than the ATS-34 and less then Gold.

Bob Taylor

------------------

Bob,

Rob may have mentioned me at some point... then again maybe not as you two have just "hooked up". Bottom line is I'm the one that baited Rob into the Talonite scene by commissioning his first Talonite knife, the Wambli. He liked the stuff too obviously as he became the distributor for cutlery applications.

I've signed up with Spark for a BFC Carnivore but I gotta tell you, I love Talonite. Sooooo, if the Talonite is available, that'd be the flavor I'd pop for. Especially since there seems to be only about 20 of us who rogered to the BFC Carnivore when a minimum of 50 is needed.

Now the big question... who is to market the Talonite version and how do I get in the queue? If it is you, please take my name and date. If it's a dealer please tell me who.

Thanks!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

bald1

We will have more answeres soon. Rob and Pat Crawford are true gems to work with no ego and greed problems. I started the work before I could get in touch with Pat and he gave his blessings to Rob making some Carnivors. Pat wants to make the Talonite version as well as Rob. REKAT will be supplying the engineering and these two will be making the most of the Talonite Knives. The cost of the material puts it into the Custom Market. Since you have some Talonite Knives and I have yet to test one give us your feelings and observations.

Bob Taylor

------------------

Put me in line right behind bald1. Dyint to try a Talonite blade, and it would satisfy my Carnivour urge. Perhaps all twenty of us should put our weight behind a "mini" run of this style, or use the Talonite to push the Carnivour order up to fifty.

Just hoping
smile.gif

------------------
James

Bob,

Since last October I've written and posted so much on Talonite that I have poblems being succinct in handling short queries like yours. Suffice it to say that it holds an edge far better than anything else out there period. It can't corrode. And it's pretty tough (Rob jumped up and down on a piece clamped in a vise on his workbench). No it won't flex, bend and return to true like a Guild members' forged blade... doesn't need to. Its easier than CPM440V to sharpen. It's heavier than tool steels. Mmmmm what else? Dunno... did I miss anything critical here?

-=[Bob]=-

Jeeze, BobT,

Every time one thinks one is set on a REKAT decision, you introduce something to throw the "made" decision out the window.

Slow down, man!
wink.gif

sing

Back