Where are SOG's made?

So why did SOG move some of their production to Taiwan?

I can truly understand if it was purely for cost saving purposes - so that a greater part of the international public could afford these beautiful knives at a reduced price. I'll take my hat off to that.

But, can SOG still gaurantee on paper the same craftmanship and QC standards?

In regards to starting production in Taiwan. Yes, we did it as a cost saving measure that brings our product in line with where market trends are going and makes the knives available to a wider audience.

As for guaranteeing craftsmanship and QC. Every batch of knives is inspected, QC'd and tested when it arrives here and is then packaged and shipped out. Also, we have the same Lifetime warranty on the products made in Taiwan as the Japanese made knives. That should tell you something about what we think of the quality of these knives.

Hope this answers your question.

For garth348 - The Kilowatt is made in Taiwan.

In regards to starting production in Taiwan. Yes, we did it as a cost saving measure that brings our product in line with where market trends are going and makes the knives available to a wider audience.

Nothing wrong with that!

Hope this answers your question.

It does, I for one am happy with that - thanks Chris. But I'm still gonna black-out any Taiwan stamps if I see them on the 3 blades I have in the mail...

Sorry Taiwan, but this is a consumer trend!

I wonder how long it'd take, before people stop having prejudice against products made in Taiwan... things made in Japan used to be perceived as being no good... look at them now! :D

Bazzaa,

My dear countryman... I don't think the knives you ordered will be stamped/marked Taiwan at all...

My Seal Pup Elite(Made in Taiwan) isn't...

LOL! Sure enough mate! Just years of bad experiences with their products throughout Africa (then again, this is where they dump all their most worthless crap). Anyhow, my oppinion does not count much - give me two weeks to return home and I'll put my newly acquired blades through their paces. Alas, I might have a point to prove so I might work them a bit harder than usual. If they don't turn into the south-side of a north bound camel - then I'll post my belated apologies!

PS: bigocean - good luck with the world cup, you know you gonna get whipped by the Springboks in the end!

The Duratech version, I believe is made in the USA... the AUS8 (was 440c) version...don't know...Chris?

Bazzaa,

I might be wearing the Wallaby kit, but I'm a Springbok at heart... :D

LOL!

Wel, Culpeper, I think you would be surprised if you knew how many of the USA's digital warfare systems are actually designed and manufactured in the Republic of South Africa.

I think I read something about that somewhere.

The Duratech version, I believe is made in the USA... the AUS8 (was 440c) version...don't know...Chris?

Bazzaa,

I might be wearing the Wallaby kit, but I'm a Springbok at heart... :D

Springbok...foowy!
ALLBLACKS!!!!!!

Hey Bigocean - how about a new blade test review - how to use a SOG to gut a kiwi in less than half a slice? Mind you it wont work - Kiwi's are gutless!?

Hey Bigocean - how about a new blade test review - how to use a SOG to gut a kiwi in less than half a slice? Mind you it wont work - Kiwi's are gutless!?

HAHAHA! Good jab. My emotional nose is bleeding.

O Bubba! you had to go and drop the bomb now... I dont read hieroglyphics but that sticker on the last photo is just plain scary! It MUST be a fake!

Ummm Bubba, its a sticker! XD

Its says: "貼紙上印著 "Handcrafted in Taiwan"~"

Translation: Printed on the sticker is "Handcrafted in Taiwan"

Doesn't look fake to me. Apart from the sticker... it look exactly like mine:confused:

Apart from the sticker... it look exactly like mine:confused:

Ouch - maybe, just perhaps, you've got a uhm... Nah, can't be! I'm sure part of SOG's US incoming QC is to remove the sticker prior to shipping out to clients!:D

Back