Where can I find an wooden replacement handle for a ATC Vietnam hawk??

Longknife3

Gold Member
I have acquired a few ATC Lagana Vietnam tomahawks with wooden handles. I do plan to use/throw one of them, but I want a spare replacement handle. Are the natural wood style handles available anywhere??
any help is appreciated.

Check your local hardware store they usually have a few different sizes.
Find one you like, may have to do a little fitting..

Look what I did about a week ago to my 'Cold Steel' Vietnam Tomahawk...
I was throwing it in the mountains (me and the family), and it hit handle-first one time too many...
I am dealing with Cold Steel on this issue, they should get it tomorrow (10-8)...

BrokenTomahawk.jpg

THAT is why I WILL NOT EVER buy from Cold Steel. They did a knock-off of ATC's VTAC. ATC has this model perfected and that WONT EVER happen with an ATC VTAC. If youw ant a real VTAC, buy an ATC version.

Cold Steel is OK...

They have NEVER done a knock-off of ATC's VTAC... their 'Vietnam Tomahawk' is a knock-off of the original 'Vietnam Tomahawk' 1960's design, and is a pretty faithful one, to boot...

The original 1960's 'Vietnam Tomahawks' had hickory handles, just like that one pictured above that broke. It wasn't until around 2000 that Andy Prisco and Peter LaGana jointly came up with the newer design with basically an almost indestructible handle. This NEW model is the ATC VTAC, or 'Vietnam Tactical Tomahawk'... Cold Steel has never tried to copy this model (although I am currently trying to get them to make a 'similar' model as we speak)...

I have both... here is my ATC VTAC...

VTACTomahawk.jpg

THAT is why I WILL NOT EVER buy from Cold Steel. They did a knock-off of ATC's VTAC. ATC has this model perfected and that WONT EVER happen with an ATC VTAC. If youw ant a real VTAC, buy an ATC version.

Reconseed good to see your still around..

I am alive and well Dusty. How have you been brother? Throwing them hawks around???? ;)

Glock - point taken. I still think the ATC VTAC is leaps and bounds better than the Cold Steel version. I dont think anyone will disagree that has owned both.

You ever throw your VTAC, Glock? I just started practicing and I can weave baskets underwater better, i am afraid... :(

reconseed,

I threw the Cold Steel VT (wooden handle), and once I got the technique and the proper distance... it was easy. My son actually hit the handle end several times, and that was when it broke... I could describe the technique/distance stuff if you want...

Back