Where is the L6?

jdm61

itinerant metal pounder
Aldo has been out of L6 for quite some time and did not respond to an e-mail about when there will be more. The safe guess at this point would be somewhere between "long time" and "never." So where can you get sheets of flat L6 in usable thicknesses and widths and for less per pound than prime ribeye steaks?

This won't answer your question but, SB specialty metals has L6 in round bar.

Hoss

I’ve got about 6-7 pounds of Republic L6 left I’ve been hoarding. I was just going to order some L6 from Aldo to weld in for axe bits but it seems to all be out

Do you know which L6 it is? Like champaloy or republic with Moly or Carpenter without? Just curious

I can’t remember, it’s been a while. I bought some to make pattern welded billets so it didn’t matter to me as much. Give them a call.

Hoss

Hoss, I am looking for sheet that is not 1/2 inch or more think, more than 7 inches wide and not crazy expensive. For hawks and such.

What I usually see said about the Baron is that the website is a poor way to shop with him... calling gets better results.

What I usually see said about the Baron is that the website is a poor way to shop with him... calling gets better results.
I have noticed that several companies are a little disorganized with their websites. We do need to remember in this world with Amazon that these are small businesses. I would suck at maintaining a web presence.

PS. I got my piece of Damascus and its awesome.
Storm

Back