where to find grizzly

I am fixing to buy a machine to grind knife blades and I have seen several mentions of a grizzly on the forum. Can someone please tell me where to find this machine.
I have been looking at the grinder made by beaumont metal works in Ohio and it looks like a well made machine, but I would like some of you to give me your opinion of what you think of it.
Thank you and take care,,,

check out www.grizzly.com

I just got mine and just putting it together now so no user reports yet.
a cut-n-paste of the grinder you are looking for is:

G1015
Knife Belt Sander / Buffer

Although we call this a "Knife Belt Sander", it is actually a very versatile sander with many different woodworking uses. Auxiliary arbor accepts buffing wheels, drum sanders or flap wheels. Belt can be changed in seconds with quick-release mechanism. Belt arm can be fully tilted. Without a doubt, this is the best knife belt sander around.
Features:

Belt size: 2" x 72"-76" range
Belt speed: 3600 FPM
Motor size: 1 H.P. single phase 110V
Motor Amps: 14
Motor speed: 1725 RPM
Main arbor size: 1" dia. x 8"
Auxiliary arbor size: 5/8"
Height with belt arm horizontal: 11-1/2"
Height with belt arm vertical: 39"
Overall width: 29-1/2"
Cast iron body
All ball bearing construction
Shipping weight approx.: 110 lbs.
(Buffing wheel not included).

I have a grizzly. If you can afford the $680, go with Rob Finks from beaumont metal. the grizzly is ok, but get the best grinder you can safely afford. Wilton Sq wheel is nice and you can upgrade to VS down the road. Email me with any questions about the grizzly.

Mudmarshal,

If you can swing it go with the grinder from Beaumont. I've had a Griz for over a year now, but it required a lot of modifications until I was happy and time to replace the parts that were missing and broke during shipping. Grizzy's customer service.....well....sucks and I've heard nothing but good things about Beaumont Metal Works. All in all the Griz is working well and I'm doing a lot with it, but, I know it's just my starter machine. A better grinder is on the horizon, but that's all I could afford at the time and it's just fine.

Good luck, take care,
Tom

------------------
"A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains"
AKTI Member A001010

Hi everyone.About Grizzley.I own one and I believe it is a excellent starter grinder.Mine has paid for it self many times over.
smile.gif

Hi everyone.About Grizzley.I own one and I believe it is a excellent starter grinder.Mine has paid for it self many times over.
smile.gif

Thanks everyone. I tried to e-mail you individually but couldn't figure out how to make the forum give up your add. I have been leaning toward the Beaumont machine. I found a 2 hp-1700rpm motor yesterday. That wiil make that baby sing. Just waiting on my Uncle Sam to get off his dead butt and send me my refund.
Again, I appreciate the input.

Back