Where to get a good Barong and/or Golok?

I know of Kris Cutlery and have been considering them for the Barong. I'd rather give my money to them that Cold Steel although I hear good things about their Barong.

Then there is the Golok. I cant seem to find much information on them.

Can yall point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I have two barongs, one from Kris Cutlery (though not one of their current models) and one from a small market on the top of a hill somewhere in Zamboanga. The Kris Cutlery version would be easier to get. :D

I have a total of 8 Kris Cutlery blades and highly recommend them.

i'd go with kris cutlery all the way... not only is cecil a good guy - he's got good product too...though i don't own any of kris cutlery's barong - i do have their espada y daga set and the sundang... nice fit and finish - and a joy to play with...
peace ~ jdc

the Tora ones look good and affordable. anyone know how to get them or is it only through that forum?

how is the performance / chopping ability of the bolo / barong? 2inch bamboo? 3 inch bamboo? clean cuts? any chipping / rolling of the edge?

how is the performance / chopping ability of the bolo / barong? 2inch bamboo? 3 inch bamboo? clean cuts? any chipping / rolling of the edge?

I don't use my barong for yardwork, just for training and cutting soft targets. Bamboo might be fine, but I've never had any in my back yard.

I have used my Kris Cutlery Bonifacio Bolo for yardwork, and it cuts 1.5" trees or branches in one cut, and I've cut up to 6" trees and branches. This is all wood so my guess is that it would do much better on bamboo if it is still green.

The Bonifacio is a discontinued model for Kris Cutlery, shorter than their current Pinuti and with a clip point. It looks like a 15" Bowie.

Back