Recommendation? Which Buck 110?

The Buck 110 in oak and 5160 came in today! ... My fiance loves it too (the real test, lol). When I opened it she instantly started "oohing and aahing" and instantly exclaimed that "that's what a knife is supposed to look like." She DOES love her tiny Swiss Army Classic and Spyderco Ladybug though... Maybe a Buck 501 or 55 is in her future. :)

You should get her the Oak and Brass 112 little brother to your 110 instead of the 501 or 55. :)
(preferrably before she confinscates and claims the 110 as her's :eek::rolleyes::D)

You should get her the Oak and Brass 112 little brother to your 110 instead of the 501 or 55. :)
(preferrably before she confinscates and claims the 110 as her's :eek::rolleyes::D)

She likes her Ladybug and SAK Classic because of their tiny size, so I think a 112 might be a bit big for her liking. I'm gonna see if we can find a store where she can hold one in person. I showed her the video of the 55 and she went nuts. That one might be a winner.

She likes her Ladybug and SAK Classic because of their tiny size, so I think a 112 might be a bit big for her liking. I'm gonna see if we can find a store where she can hold one in person. I showed her the video of the 55 and she went nuts. That one might be a winner.
Where are you located? There are LOTS of 55’s in retail. Almost every location of Canada’s top Tire store has a few as an example and many US retailers seem to carry stock.

My wife loves her Ladybug and confiscated my 55 after a few days. Great little knife but it is super tiny. Only drawback IMO is the price. In my neck of the woods, a 55 (no sheath) is only a few $$$ less than a 110 with a sheath.

Where are you located? There are LOTS of 55’s in retail. Almost every location of Canada’s top Tire store has a few as an example and many US retailers seem to carry stock.

My wife loves her Ladybug and confiscated my 55 after a few days. Great little knife but it is super tiny. Only drawback IMO is the price. In my neck of the woods, a 55 (no sheath) is only a few $$$ less than a 110 with a sheath.

Pacific Northwest... About as far north as you can get and still be in the U.S. I haven’t been able find a 112, 501 or a 55 in town just yet but I have a couple other places to try. Maybe I’ll just take a trip across the border. :)

I want her to hold both a 55 and a Squire 501 in her hand to get a feel for them. She liked the Duke 500 (not as much as the 5160 110 though) I bought for my niece, but thought it was a bit too big too.

Yea... the pricing on the 55 is a bit wonky here too. Online I can find a standard 110 for $40 all day. The cheapest 55 is $50, lol. Oh well.

Took my dog (and the Buck 110) on a walk a bit after noon today. I don't know about where you all live, but holy crap is it HOT and humid here (I start whining any time it gets above 75). Stay hydrated folks!

The 5160 and oak sure do look good in the sunlight!
AFOJuhi.jpg

It wasn't long before we had to find some shade though... Which showed off the wonderful patina that is starting to form on the brass!
mLsrp1T.jpg

Back