1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Which Busse model ???

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by kestrel57, Aug 9, 2012.

1. kestrel57

kestrel57

Jun 4, 2012
    I bought a small fixed blade form Busse maybe 15 years ago and never used it. It's a real nice and strong combat knife but the excellent kydex sheath is right handed (and I'm left handed). It feels great in the hand and almost looks like an extra thick steak knife. But it's blade and skullcrusher are black. The blade is 3.5 inches. The stock is 025(!). This is one strong knife --- and definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing. I believe the blade style is drop point. Full tang.

Anyone know what knife this is (the name)? Busse got this one right.

Tx?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  2. giant1

giant1

May 9, 2007
    Very hard to guess with at least a picture

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jun 14, 2006
    Sounds like the first run of the Mean Streets... I have no idea what it is worth.

4. Mulder

Mulder Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Tony,

Where ya been???
    Haven't seen you posting in a while.
    Glad to see you around.

I agree with Tony, that if it's really 15 years ago must be a Mean Street.
    Is it smooth bolts, slotted bolts, or tube fasteners???

5. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    Unless you are a paying member you can not ask about value.

6. idahoskunk

idahoskunk

Mar 10, 2002
    mean streets of the first run had a round butt, i don't think i would really call it a skull crusher, but maybe the op does.
    post a picture and the price you're asking for it.

7. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    does it look like any of these ?

[​IMG]

8. winmagfrog

winmagfrog

Nov 16, 2005
    The girlfriend would be easier to replace! Don't sell it, you'll regret it!!!

9. kestrel57

kestrel57

Jun 4, 2012
    Hi:

Indeed it's much stronger than a folding knife! And GFs cost more money :).

It looks very much like the one on the bottom right or second from the bottom on the right in the picture. Smooth bolts. I won't ask about value (sorry; didn't know). I will probably become a paying member soon as I will be selling a few knives --- probably here or on ebay (there's a Mean Street I found for sale - not mine --- on ebay for quite a bit --- and it's not the original owner and may have been resharpened - mine has never cut anything :).

Tx. Very helpful.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. kestrel57

kestrel57

Jun 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

Can you see it? Tx.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  11. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator Platinum Member

Jan 18, 2006
    kestrel57,

The way this thread is turning out...it's like a For Sale thread with all the hints. Would appreciate it if you'd either get that membership, or stop with this. Sorry, but there are rules here on BladeForums and those of us who've paid for memberships to up our site privileges and to support this site aren't really appreciative of those who don't and appear to be trying to get a value, sell, or announce (advertise) that the knife they have will be on an auction site soon...

$25 a year ain't a whole lot of cabbage to enjoy the perks of this most awesome site, brutha. ;)

BTW, I wouldn't sell that knife... Just sayin'. Keep it & use it!

12. kestrel57

kestrel57

Jun 4, 2012
    I sent an email to rycen (before your post) asking how I could become a member. How can I become a member? I didn't know --- I'm still new here. I've never sold a knife here or anywhere. When my gf gets home tonight I'll ask her about joining. Would a debit or credit card do it --- which or either? Sorry to have mistakenly broken rules --- plus someone asked for a picture. My apologies to you and the board.

I honestly didn't remember what the knife was. (I sent an email to Busse asking the same thing --- didn't hear back yet.) It was purchased maybe 15 years ago.

13. Jaxx

Jan 18, 2006
    Click "Settings" up top, then click "Paid Subscriptions" down the left hand column on the new page. Once the next page loads , you're given options and costs to consider. Gold and up is what you are looking for to ask about values and sell on BladeForums. :)

14. CPC

CPC Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Hi David,

I'll take 5th down on the right! :D

Chris.

15. kestrel57

kestrel57

Jun 4, 2012
    Thanks for your help. I'm now a Gold Member.

I need an avatar :).

16. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    That cool knife you have would be a good start :)

17. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Girlfriends (and wives) will come and go, but a Busse knife will last a lifetime! ;):D

David, that's a nice collection you have! :cool: I thought Skunk had all of the Mean Streets. ;)

kestrel57, that is a nice Mean Street you have! I'm pretty sure the smooth bolts indicate it is one of the earliest ones.

Gene

18. kestrel57

kestrel57

Jun 4, 2012
    xxxxx

LOR="#FF0000"]You cannot announce/advertise your sales here in the Busse Discussion Forum.
    This forum is for discussion and information about Bussekin knives only.
    Please don't do it again.[/COLOR]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  19. kestrel57

kestrel57

Jun 4, 2012
    xxxxx

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  20. Jaxx

Jan 18, 2006
    This forum is not for announcing your sales or updates to your sales...
    If it was, we'd all do it.