Which discontinued Benchmade models would you like to see return to production???

I would love to see the Bedlam get the "Adamas treatment." To your excellent list I'd only add fixing the floppy monstrosity that was that clip. ;)
You're not wrong. That clip sucked royally. It's the only Benchmade knife clip that ever went wobbly on me.

Here's what I would do:

Re-design the Bedlam to be slimmer. Give it a high-corosion-resistance steel. Give it G10 scales with a cross-chamfered or peel-pry texture, something grippy but not aggressive enough to destroy a pocket. Standard Benchmade thumb lugs, so I can slap a Snaggletooth on it and wave open that beeatch. Throw on a standard-three hole pattern deep carry clip with a wide body. And then give it a Mini-sized little brother. I'd buy that sucker in a heartbeat.

The 153
gi4KdDc.jpg

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Is the 575GY-2001, the bronze and M4 Mini Presidio II auto, going to be making a return? I've found a site that has them on 'extended backorder' and I'm tempted to place an order but it seems a little optimistic that a Shot Show exclusive would be remixed.

And they responded, yeah it was an out of date listing they meant to get rid of already. Shame, it's a peach of a special, supremely gorgeous and with a fantastic steel.

Last edited:
You're not wrong. That clip sucked royally. It's the only Benchmade knife clip that ever went wobbly on me.

Here's what I would do:

Re-design the Bedlam to be slimmer. Give it a high-corosion-resistance steel. Give it G10 scales with a cross-chamfered or peel-pry texture, something grippy but not aggressive enough to destroy a pocket. Standard Benchmade thumb lugs, so I can slap a Snaggletooth on it and wave open that beeatch. Throw on a standard-three hole pattern deep carry clip with a wide body. And then give it a Mini-sized little brother. I'd buy that sucker in a heartbeat.

Here's what I would do:

The Bedlam has been my EDC for the last 2 years. I have a couple of extra's but I'd sure like to order a new Bedlam if need be. The only improvement I'd like is durable pocket clips. The 154CM blade and large handle is great for this knife. Strops very well with leather and seldom needs sharpening. Only have 2 new pocket clips left. Once they hang up on something and bend, I'll have to figure out the best way to reshape the old ones I've been saving. I have lots of those :)

The Bedlam has been my EDC for the last 2 years. I have a couple of extra's but I'd sure like to order a new Bedlam if need be. The only improvement I'd like is durable pocket clips. The 154CM blade and large handle is great for this knife. Strops very well with leather and seldom needs sharpening. Only have 2 new pocket clips left. Once they hang up on something and bend, I'll have to figure out the best way to reshape the old ones I've been saving. I have lots of those :)
Bedlam is a beast EDC. I used to EDC one, and other knives like it, for awhile.

Ended up switching over to slim profile EDCs when I started CCW. There was just too much crap a my 3 o'clock, it was making me walk with a gangsta tilt lol.

My wife just bought me a BM Mini Vallation 427 and I think that it is a great knife. I don't know why it wasn't more popular and was recently discontinued. The blade shape is distinctive, the edge geometry is good for slicing while still being sturdy for more heavy duty tasks and the aluminum scales are very comfortable and "grippy". I didn't think that I would like the assisted opening but it is actually quite good and I particularly like the additional slide lock mechanism. It is a good package.

Bedlam is a beast EDC. I used to EDC one, and other knives like it, for awhile.

Ended up switching over to slim profile EDCs when I started CCW. There was just too much crap a my 3 o'clock, it was making me walk with a gangsta tilt lol.
Ha! I understand. My CCW is appendix.

I'd like to see the 710 reintroduced. I never grabbed one thinking that they weren't going anywhere but they were discontinued and gone before I realized what happened. Now they are fairly pricey on the secondary.

Full sized Loco... Super Loco XL.... Maybe in Python Micarta like my LE Mini or just an Adamas like Desert Warrior in Cru-Wear. I wish BM would start using CPM-REX45...

the Sequel, except make that blue aluminum edition standard production, it would sell loads

740 Dejavoo and 745 Mini Dejavoo with some different scale configurations would be nice, maybe in K390 or M4.

My 745 in S30V is one of my favorite knives and the only Benchmade I currently own.

Back