Which discontinued Benchmade models would you like to see return to production???

The benchmade 10510 was my first benchmade and was a gift. It was my all time favorite edc blade/small outdoor blade
Lost it on an outing the sheath failed and all I have left is the sheath great knife would love to see them make it again. N690 is a great steel!
bm-10510.jpg

The 42 balisong!!!

WHY did Benchmade stop making this knife????

No, seriously, why would a company stop making one of their flagship products? The 42 was THE definitive balisong (in many people's opinions). It's like if Ford stopped making Mustangs for no apparent reason, or if Fender just stopped making Stratocasters. I don't get it.

Last edited:
Agreed. There's a guy called Jedi on the Benchmade Forum that would '+1 one you' on that. I think the term is: "Pick a price, you can have it if you can afford it." :D

The 42 balisong!!!

No, seriously, why would a company stop making one of their flagship products? The 42 was THE definitive balisong (in many people's opinions). It's like if Ford stopped making Mustangs for no apparent reason, or if Fender just stopped making Stratocasters. I don't get it.

It's bizarre how they would stop making the Model 42. Now they are trying to make knives that are similar (like the Model 62 and 63), but for some reason they won't produce the 42 again. At least make a 62/63 with a spring latch!

The same goes for so many other amazing models, like the 610 Rukus, the 630 Skirmish, the 806 AFCK, the 732 Ares, and so many other great knives. Why would they stop making them?!?!?

AFCK, small and large
Skirmish, small and large
Rukus, small and large
Ares

I pray they return to us.

The 42 balisong!!!

Les said that it was disco'd because it simply was no longer selling well. That's it. Well, he also said that discontinuing production frees up resources for new stuff too.

He also said that you have to disco a knife and look at it in a different light to...

Bah... I'm probably going to get this wrong. Just watch this.

http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=mfca6b18k#/watch?v=8e0TKYyCiVM

Strigamort, thanks for posting the link to that vid. I had not seen it. That's actually good news, as Les seems to leave the idea of producing the 42 again on the table. I would think that demand would certainly warrant another production run, even if only a temporary one.

I would like to see the 630 Skirmish come back. I never should of sold mine since I bought it used but like new condition for pretty damn cheap. Also I would like to see either a BM42 with zen pins and a spring latch or just the BM62 with a spring latch.

I would like to see the 630 Skirmish come back. I never should of sold mine
I sold mine to some dude from Russia for ~$250/new a couple years ago. "Certainly comrade, I'll give you the best deal on this knife!" thought I. Now it's going for upwards of $500.
On the other hand, the fact that there are a limited number of Skirmishes in the world adds to the appeal (at least as a collectable.) So I wouldn't want to see it brought back into regular production.

Back