Which do you prefer? and why?

Hey all, Iam looking into getting a throwing knife, these are my choices so far. Price is an issue and these knives ranged from $15-25.

CS 80TOR Cold Steel Torpedo
CS 80 TFT True Flight Thrower
CS 80TH10 Mini Flight Thrower

Do you mean, "Which of those THREE do I favour," or "What knives, in general, do I like to throw?"

Of those three, I'd go with the True Flight, since it's a full-sized, 'standard' knife. The Torpedo, from my experience, is a lot of fun, but throws a bit differently from most bladed throwers. Not quite like a real spike, either. So it's kind of a special case. The minis, I'm not familiar with, but I'd guess they're going to be a bit light for any accuracy at distances greater than 15 feet or so.

In a general sense, I like big, heavy throwers. I have one of Bobby Branton's throwers, and it's just about perfect. It feels like you're lifting a truck axle when you heft it, but once you get the feel down, it's almost demonic. Throws clean, hits hard, and sticks deep. Among my other toys are a variety of tidbits that I've modified or built. Some of the 'worst' (looking, I'd guess) are my rebar javelins. About two foot long, with a point on one end. Just silly, but they hit awful hard!! :D

My two coppers.

Back