Which do you prefer, the 3/16" or the 1/4" INFI?

What's your INFI preference

• 1/4" INFI Rules!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gimme the 3/16!!

• I like 'em both

• What ever Jerry sends me is fine by me.

• Total voters

nick681

Gold Member
This is a question I have been asking myself for a while, since I have seen more and more knifes coming from the shopin 3/16. Hopefully this isn't the end of the 1/4 INFI.

I really lke the solid feeling of my NO CG, Euro 4, and AS but the ZT NO is so sweet. Maybe another NO in 3/16 is in order. Maybe a variant :D Decisions..Decisions :confused: :D

Nick

The bigger they are, the thicker I like 'em!
But the 3/16" is awesome on the Satin Jacks and smaller blades:cool:

I also like the option of having both available. I have to admit, one of my most used knives is the ZT SH. Great slicer in 3/16":D

Thus far, my only Busse is 1/4". That will be changing soon... Hint, hint, Jerry:D

My guess is that my preference may vary by application. All in all though, I like my tools beefy, so if I had to choose, my choice would be 1/4".

I got ahold of a Lean Mean Street and loved it. Then a ZT set fell into my hands, and I loved them too. I decided that I'd be able to cut down on my knife expenses by sticking only with 3/16" Busses from then on. Now they come out with TON'S of 3/16 INFI, and there went my clever plan.

3/16s for me!

Neither!!!

Gimme 5/16". I would like to see a new line of INFI-induced war blades in that magical 5/16".

How about a khukuri style blade of 5/16" INFI? Wouldn't that be something?

wow. 42 votes right now and a 3 way dead heat between 1/4" 3/16" and both!

oops, double post :confused:

wow. 42 votes right now and a 3 way dead heat between 1/4" 3/16" and both!

yikes, I pulled the very rare TRIPLE accidental post :eek:

On chopping, prying digging knives like the NO and SH I prefer 1/4" but on a slicer (of tough quality) like the SJ, I prefer 3/16ths.

I appreciate all the Busse Knives, but I would LOVE to see a LIMITED EDITION like some of the ORIGINAL 5/16" THICK A2 knives but in 5/16" INFI. Oh my goodness, can you IMAGINE!!!

1/4" hands down. I've used both and heavily prefer 1/4". I cand deal with 3/16" but will go for 1/4" whenever possible....

I agree with everyone. :D

3/16 for smaller slicers
1/4 for camp knives
5/16 for big choppers

I have several HI khukuris that are the best choppers I have ever seen, and they all over 1/2 inch thick, with the largest at 9/16 thick at the spine (and almost 4 lbs). But man, do they ever cut wood...

:eek: :eek: Whoa! Wait a minute where did this 5/16 business come from.:eek: :eek:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....A Natural Outlaw in 5/16 INFI.:D

I guess it's pretty much a toss-up.

Nick

Back