Which modern steels are easy to sharpen

from Knafs? Ben Peterson? I think all there stuff is really from WE or civivi both related, right?
Yes Ben Peterson. Not sure who made this model. Ben Peterson definately has some designs that are made and barnded as WE/Civivi, that he either licensed or designed for them.
However he also runs his own brand Knafs. Knafs stuff maybe manufactured by WE Knife, but I'm not 100% sure it is. The particular model I am buying is a drop in conjunction with another brand Urban EDC.
The box doesn't mention the manufactuer's name, but it does mention "Made In" location which is Yangjiang, China. I believe We Knife is based there, but I don't know if any other knife manufacturers are.
To be honest the out of the box edge doesn't feel as sharp or cut paper as well as the CIvivi knives I've had. It definately feels like there is some burr on one side.

I'm more interested in what holds an edge than what it takes to sharpen it. I edc a CPM-M4 Gayle Bradley #1 and have no problem with sharpening even though it is rarely sharpened.

Last edited:
Yes Ben Peterson. Not sure who made this model. Ben Peterson definately has some designs that are made and barnded as WE/Civivi, that he either licensed or designed for them.
However he also runs his own brand Knafs. Knafs stuff maybe manufactured by WE Knife, but I'm not 100% sure it is. The particular model I am buying is a drop in conjunction with another brand Urban EDC.
The box doesn't mention the manufactuer's name, but it does mention "Made In" location which is Yangjiang, China. I believe We Knife is based there, but I don't know if any other knife manufacturers are.
To be honest the out of the box edge doesn't feel as sharp or cut paper as well as the CIvivi knives I've had. It definately feels like there is some burr on one side.
Really appreciate your answer. This sort of stuff is interesting to me. As in who is designing for what company, etc. Also, I am liking Civivi´s designs more and more, although, I don´t own any. I´ve been boycotting Chinese knives. Not exactly sure why. So many reasons to do so, but regardless, chinese products are everywhere. Certainly there is a trend or movement of high quality designers making knives out of china. And, it seems the quality of materials is improving... ie there are more models with good steels like M390 coming out. However, I have not bought them so can´t speak as to the heat treatment. And so, I keep with mostly american knives and a few italian knives. Boy that´s another topic. The italians have made some beauties. Have you seen Fox, MKM, etc? Good stuff!

Back