Which one is the Ann McCoy?

danny,
Here are a few more 152's to look at. This is a old picture. Since it was taken I gave the green one to my son and added a black and one butt ugly orange to the family. :p
sharpies0001.JPG

ttyl
Larry

Thanks Larry !!

Get a chance, update that picture and post..

Be sure to include the "butt ugly" one..

I aint sckeered .....

Nor proud !!! :)

dannyb

Michael asked me to post this picture. He really had to twist my arm to do so!:rolleyes:

THese are 2 Birds Eye Maple LB7DP. The engraved one is for the 10 year anniv of the N.A.F.C. (North America Fishing Club)
TTYL
Larry
be-1.jpg

be-2.jpg

Codger,

I got to thinking...

Nobody has addressed your original question about Ann McCoy, so I apologize for the whole group for being so slow on the uptake.
Four possibilities are below...I'm pretty sure one of them is relevent to Ann McCoy. I know which one I would choose.

Your friend,

bILL

Bill, women are a high maintenance collectable. And if you attempt to display more than one at a time, it results in a lot of friction. Like old cell, spontanious combustion is always a possibility.

I have a bit of concern that as the value of the 100th anniversary editions rises, fakes will become even more common. The etch would not be hard to reproduce. And the badges are readily available on the market. Printing the stickers and labels for the white boxes the real ones come in would be a no-brainer. I have no idea of the number of tins and felted trays produced, or where they all wound up, but they were a part of the WIP sold, just like a lot of the hat pins and money clips. Many of us have these bits and pieces of memorabilia, though we have no intention of using them to produce fake anniversary knives, or to finish factory unfinished anniversaryknives.

I honestly feel that our best protection against fakes in the future is to document the real anniversary knives we actually own at this time. Can you guys post pictures and explain the details of the originals you own? I cannot afford to buy one-of-each to complete this research on my own! I will compile the results of the patterns found and the exact configurations.

These are two of the unused anniversary badges which I have acquired.
Codger

Codger_64 said:
I have a bit of concern that as the value of the 100th anniversary editions rises, fakes will become even more common. I honestly feel that our best protection against fakes in the future is to document the real anniversary knives we actually own at this time.
Codger

Mike,
This is a good idea and I'll shoot you some photos this weekend. Anything that can be done to differentiate the pseudo-Schrades from the true Schrades now and into the future is well worthwhile.
Del

Thanks Del! I invite anyone who has one to participate in what I shall call the "Anniversary Knife Survey". My e-mail address is listed in my profile.

We already have the detail of the A34OT knives having the dark dye line next to the bolsters, but then so do the late production 34OTs. And just by close examination of some of the unfinished Schrades I have in my collection, placing the oval coined anniversary shield in the cavity made for a DU or LTD coined shield would be easy. Inleting an Old Timer or Uncle Henry cover accurately for the oval to make a dual shield, much less the banner, might be a bit trickier, but I suppose any good machinist or gunsmith with the right tools could do it. The prices these verifyable knives are bringing right now (even in the assembled packages with wrong pins and tins) are still not high enough to warrant the expense involved, but at some point in the future, it might be so.

Codger

Has anyone seen one of these? e bay #6606572681 - It was sold as an 885UH with 100th Anniversary Shield and sold for $232.50.
Maybe Codger is onto something?

I noticed he sold an A8OT in a tin. Did these make it out of the factory? He also sells genuine Nazi silver bullion. A pile of it.

Codger

Codger,
Thank you for the tip about women...as both my wife and daughter are harder to pin down than a spring zephyr. :rolleyes:
The four choices that combusted, were already spoken for, as it were, and, upon further review from the booth, didn't seem to add anything to your thread. I doubt they'll be missed.

Now then, on to the ANNiversary stuff.

Bill

Digging some old bones here, but this is a bit of an experiment as well as a response - experiment being this link (if it works!!) to some pics..

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dannybee@wans.net/album?.dir=3791&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I haven't the eye nor expertise to explain details... Looks good, feels good, IS good... Well, hopefully :)

regards,

dannyb

Codger_64 said:
I honestly feel that our best protection against fakes in the future is to document the real anniversary knives we actually own at this time. Can you guys post pictures and explain the details of the originals you own? I cannot afford to buy one-of-each to complete this research on my own! I will compile the results of the patterns found and the exact configurations.

These are two of the unused anniversary badges which I have acquired.
Codger

Back