Which one to get first - BK9 or BK7?

I'm eventually going to have both of them but which one should I get first?

My main use for this knife will be for camping, survival and as combat knife if needed.

I've not seen any testing reviews on the BK9 like the one Cliff did on the BK7 though I can't imagine the BK9 doing worse than the 7. Is there anything the BK9 can't do that BK7 can?

Either way I just can't seem to decide which one to get first! Though I think I'm starting to lean towards the BK9...

Thanks,

Chris

I own the 7 and love it. I may own the 9 eventually too, but for now, the 7 is a real go to companion.

At the prices they are selling at - how can you not get both?

If you prefer big knives(not overly so) get a BKT9. If your tastes run toward the smaller stuff get a BKT7. I have both and still can't decide which one I like best. Have fun

Spark is right. For the money you get two really great knives. My wife and I were doing some gardening and needed to up-root some old holly bushes. She told me to get an axe, I returned with my bk/9 combat bowie. I short order it was goneand the bk/9 had not been phased. The base of the bush was @ 5' and the roots were @1-3' thick. Roots severed in 1 swipe, base in 3.

The bk/7 stay in the car. It is my "just in case" knife.

It is great to see makers recomend these, Bill makes awsome knives, I have one. That speaks volumes to me.

The 7 is light and quick in the hand. A bit lighter than I prefer so I traded mine off. I got a 9 a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. It's really a matter of preference.
Doc

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I do plan to buy them both and have decided to get the BK-9 Combat Bowie first. :D

I just spent almost 2 grand on some gun related toys so I need to slow down before the wife gets too suspicious...;)

Mr. Siegle,

Do you happen to have any pics of your custom G10 scales on a BK-7 or BK-9?

Later!

Back