Which Sebenza for start - Classic 2000 or just Sebenza

I'm planing to obtain my first Sebenza. So, if you could just tell me and adv/disadv. of classic 2000 I'd be just grateful. For me Classic 2000 is a great looker but the blade of original Sebensa looks a bit stronger...

Piter, it is the other way around. The Classic 2000 Sebenza is a re-release of the "original" design that Chris started with. In 1996 or 1997, they switched to a new design.

Responding to demands from customers, CRK came out with the "Classic". Yes, the blade isn't quite as beefy near the tip and the belly isn't as pronounced. I got the Classic Small Sebenza because I prefer the larger access to the thumbstud and I like the "look" of the slightly curved spine of the scales.

Good luck.

I did the large Classic 2000, just because I liked the pointier blade. If it weren't for the blade tip, I would have bought the standard model.

You will not go wrong no matter which one you choose ! I have a small plain regular and i love it.

I also have a large Classic 2000 and love it. Right now, it is at Kenny Rowe's, having nice leather basketweave pouch made for it. I sure do miss it. I really like the pointier blade, but mainly I like the finger choil better than the one on the regular model.

I prefer the plain, but just because I don't like the looks of either the blade or handle on the Classic. Purely a personal preference, thing, and someone else my feel the exact opposite. I've never handled a Classic, either, and doing so might change my mind...
For me the question would be "large or small", and now that I have both, it would be hard to decide between the two. It's weird, my brain tells me that I like the large better, but it's the small that I reach for the most. Plenty of knife for most of the stuff I do away from work.
Either way, you're going to wind up with a great knife.

Guess I'm alot of help:rolleyes:

I can appreciate what you mean about the regular having a beefier blade. It really depends on the application of the knife. The large regular is terriffic for field dressing game and cutting fruits and veggies. The large Classic is more of a defense style folder, but can be use equally well as a chore knife.

I find there is minimal difference in the lg and sm, reg and classic blades, but prefer and do carry a customized Small Classic everyday. I also own and use a Large wood inlayed to do the above mentioned things. Of course the wood inlay being the regular configuration. Which ever one or two you choose will provide you with years of great service, but be prepared to own more than one!:)

:confused:

I recently obtained a large Sebenza in a trade. Now I am going to admit, "I don't know if it is a classic or a regular model."

Would someone please post a pic of both of them?

Thanks

:)

I have both and I guess I would now say that I prefer the Classic due to the blade shape. As has been said, you CAN'T go wrong with either one!:D

surfing ronin,
I don't have a classic, but the plains look like this (see if this dang imagestation stuff works-my first try):
fe018bae.jpg.orig.jpg

The Classics have a rounded cutout for the index finger.

Here is a close-up of the Classic and Regualar blades. The Classic is the upper blade.

Here is a pic of the handles of a Classic and Regular. The Regular or Standard is on the bottom.

:)

OwenM & GigOne,

Thank you very much for the photos. I was able to immediately figure out which one I have, The regular model!

I had planned on selling this Sebenza as soon as it arrived, BUT I can't do it! What a fantastic piece of work/art!! I am actually hesitant to carry it. DAMN, now I have another knife that I have fallen in love with!

Thanks again.

:D

surfing ronin. . .glad to hear that the pic's helped you in figuring out what you had. No matter which one that you had. . .it would be a keeper !

As much as I enjoy the large plain sebbies. . .I equally enjoy the original/classic design.

If given the choice to pick between the 2. . .I'd have to get both ! :D

Back