Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

i-x8J9GGR-X2.jpg

Update :) ....

i-XrLhJvt-X3.jpg

CYtC3CD.jpeg

The K390 Ladybug showed up today and kicked the Peanut out of the pocket for now. Interesting contrast of similar use-case knives. The Spyderco has 0.1" less cutting edge and is 1.8mm vs 1.5mm at the spine, but the blade is nice and tall so I expect it will slice better. The upgrade from CV to K390 should be pretty insane, and the Ladybug weighs literally half as much as the Case.

Not the most comfortable handle if you choke up right up to the choil, but not *uncomfortable*, and in other grips it's totally comfortable. Quite happy so far, although I haven't had a chance to exactly put it through its paces.

Repost from another thread:
Had to put a new edge on my Rex45 Native Chief last night after dropping it with an open blade on to concrete from about 8 feet working in my shop last night. Didn’t break the tip, but tore the edge up really bad, dinged the G10 in several spots, and put a few nice marks on the pocket clip. It’s officially mine now. So, in light of this, it’s getting the nod again today.

I have to say, I really enjoy sharpening Rex45. Takes a little time with a Sharpmaker, but worth it for the edge that’s achieved.
99F0A362-819E-4FE3-8AE4-4A9158F3F375.jpeg

Repost from another thread:
Had to put a new edge on my Rex45 Native Chief last night after dropping it with an open blade on to concrete from about 8 feet working in my shop last night. Didn’t break the tip, but tore the edge up really bad, dinged the G10 in several spots, and put a few nice marks on the pocket clip. It’s officially mine now. So, in light of this, it’s getting the nod again today.

I have to say, I really enjoy sharpening Rex45. Takes a little time with a Sharpmaker, but worth it for the edge that’s achieved.
View attachment 1891955
Your story of dropping the knife followed by a picture of the knife being held above sandaled feet made me nervous lol. Looks like it cleaned up real nice though.

Your story of dropping the knife followed by a picture of the knife being held above sandaled feet made me nervous lol. Looks like it cleaned up real nice though.
Haha. I realized the same thing after I posted the picture, but I had just finished a two hour workout in my 90 degree garage before I took this, so minimal clothing was required.

Back