Which to buy????

I thought that the Becker Campionon was no longer being sold, so someone pointed out the Becker Crewman. I like both of them, and both are going to be carried on a regular basis. The campionon was selected for its noted thickness, and simple shape. The crewman was selected for the blade shape, design, and striking pommel bit. Till recently, I thought it would be best to get a simpler fixed blade, so the laws were unclear. Now its changed, and long as its in the open, and not double edged, they don't care. LEO around here know me well, and have no problem with me carrying a knife. My kobun was ditched because its uncomfortable to carry, and I don't trust the steel.

So now, which one do I get? 1 inch doesn't seem to make much difference law-wise. Which one is tougher?

Get the BK7 Combat Utility. That 7 inch blade is awesome.

I think the BK-11 is more practical. The thinkness of the companion and lower grind, doesn't make it as agile in slicing, but I bet it will cut you out of a car!

-Will

Definitely the Crewman. It's a good sturdy knife that's easy to carry and actually cuts well. I had a Campanion once, and found it to be an inefficient all around cutter, hard as hell to sharpen, heavy to carry, it torqued in my hand real easy when chopping, etc. Although I don't think I could imagine a way to destroy it.

Anyhoo, I suggest the thinner bladeof the Crewman. It can handle any real world situation that any rational individual could ever dream up, even in thier wildest Rambo fantasies.:D

If I were going to by one of those two to carry, it would be the CREWMAN, as it is alot lighter. ;)

Its also a much better slicer with its slightly thinner stock, and higher grind. Cheaper too!

Back