Which ZT is most like a hinderer?

I want to add an hinderer x-18 but don't want to spend $500. Which ZT will scratch that itch for me. I don't want the speedsafe knives....thanx in advance folks.

ZT 0562.

But it wont scratch the itch. You can buy a 2nd hand xm-18 in great condition for much less than $500.

The 0562 is probably closest to XM18; but it's definitely not the same thing as having an XM18. FWIW, I preferred the 0550 (no flipper). (I also had the larger 0560; so, combined with the 0550s, there was simply no draw to the 0562).
Hinderers show up on the Exchange quite regularly - consider going for the real thing.

If you fancy the Eklipse, the 0393 looks fairly close

0560 and 0392. Problem is, not much cheaper than the XM-18. You might want to wait until you find a good Gen-4 for less than < $300 - they come up quite a bit.

For me, I'd say the 0562TI. That knife is a thicc boi!

Great action, ergos and even the slicer grind. It makes for a very useful tool.

The 0393 was mentioned as well. That knife uses pretty much the exact same handle shape as the Eklipse so that's another option. I'll add some pics in a minute.

Last edited:
C Cowboyfromhell666

A cheap 039xx or 0562

Then again you can get a second hand xm 18 for 275-350 new or lightly used. They seem to pop up daily. There are a handful posted as we speak.

[

Then again you can get a second hand xm 18 for 275-350 new or lightly used. They seem to pop up daily. There are a handful posted as we speak.

^^ this
You no longer have to pay a fortune to buy a Hinderer XM-18 and some incredible deals com along
A lightly used stonewashed XM-18 is going to look just like new, and somewhere down the line just add the perfect for you scale.

I would say 562 but it’s bigger then a xm18. Like a lot have said look at the exchange hinderers are available almost daily for very good deals

The 39X series is most Hinderer like compared to the Eklipse IMO. I have 560,561,562,566 along w/XM18's. While the 56X series look Hinderer they don't really feel it in my hand. 562 has no lanyard hole and the thumstuds are too smooth as are the studs on the 39X knives which makes them harder to use. Technically they aren't thumbstuds but I prefer studs for opening over flippers.

I like my de-assisted 566 the most out of the 56X series. Doesn't flip very well but fires w/the studs from both sides great and sits right between a 3" and 3.5" XM size wise.

A new ZT and a used Hinderer aren't that much apart in cost relatively speaking. If you're looking for a Hinderer you need to just get one.

Last edited:
if you mean most like the XM-18 series the 562 is close but slightly larger and has a different feel. The 566 is similar also a bit smaller in hand with a slightly different feel ... and comes assisted but I've had great results de-assisting the 560s.

The 39x is close to an Eklipse.

100 % percent agree in scratching the itch. Bought the zt 562 first but still wanted the hinderer xm-18 so I bought one.

In my opinion, you will never scratch the itch unless you buy the real thing. I am not saying you will or won't like it better than a ZT, just that you will always be wondering about it.....

100 % percent agree in scratching the itch. Bought the zt 562 first but still wanted the hinderer xm-18 so I bought one.

yup, no ZT will scratch the itch. I’m not a hinderer fan but if I was I’d just save up and buy one. Used on the exchange will save you money. Just make sure the seller has good feedback and DO NOT pay with PayPal friends and family!!!

Considering its an Eclipse design. Its not better than an XM. Its better than the Eclipse :)

yes and yes . But I still like it better then the XM . I did post the 0550 but now I’m going to have to make a real comparison. I’ll post later with pictures.

Back