While cleaning the Garage..

..I ran across some older knives that I stored away. Got them out and gave them a polish and took a few pics. I will apologize in advance for my very challenged camera skills, or lack thereof.

Anyway, I was bored so I thought I would share. Don't do back flips. I doubt they are very interesting. :yawn:

I'm not sure how many pics I can throw into a post so I'll do one knife at a time.

The first knife is a knife I used to use on fishing trips. It is made by Ulster. It doesn't seem to have a number on it that I can find but it looked kinda like one I found on line that was # 5594. Maybe one of y'all might know.

knives001.jpg

knives002.jpg

I guess this could also go to my skills at optimizing pics. Sorry guys.

The next knife I believe is an older Gerber Sportsman II. It's really in fairly good shape considering it has just been laying around. It snaps open pretty good but seems a bit spongy closing. Don't know if it needs some cleaning inside or what.

knives005.jpg

knives006.jpg

knives008.jpg

Here is one that really looks like it got some use. I don't know if someone cut citrus with it or what. The patina on the blade is dark but it feels smooth. I can't see any pitting on it.

It is an old Schrade Old Timer 150T

knives015.jpg

knives018.jpg

Man, my photography skills need some work. :D

Here is a Remington. It has a round insignia on the blade that says Remington UMC and the number on the other side of the blade says R-8.

knives009.jpg

knives010.jpg

knives011.jpg

And last but not least is an old Schrade Frontier double eagle. The number on it is #4515.

So that about finishes up the garage. Any of you run across forgotten tools when you clean out your garage? Thanks for indulging me.

knives012.jpg

knives013.jpg

knives014.jpg

Always cool to find forgotten goodies! Some neat stuff! I love that you used to use the fish knife for fishing. Good for something to get used as it was intended.

LiveitLoud,
Son, on this light tackle!!:eek: You have some darn nice vintage using knives here and nothing to be ashamed of by any stretch my friend! Go real easy on the polish though, good old fashion honest patina is a good thing.. Your photographs are in the upper 79%-86% of the best on the forum IMO, which makes you a great qualifier as well, so no more beating your self up on those either! Most members here don't even have the first clue on how to post a picture here..

Now,, I would love to comment on all of these cool old traditional knives here, but I will keep it down to a dull roar and say the old fixed blade "Schrade old timer" model 150T Sharpfinger is fetching some serious bucks right now on eBay, and that one looks extra vintage with the nice grade of hi-carbon steel!:)

Merry Christmas to y'all! and to y'all a good night..:D

:D
LiveitLoud,
Son, on this light tackle!!:eek: You have some darn nice vintage using knives here and nothing to be ashamed of by any stretch my friend! Go real easy on the polish though, good old fashion honest patina is a good thing.. Your photographs are in the upper 79%-86% of the best on the forum IMO, which makes you a great qualifier as well, so no more beating your self up on those either! Most members here don't even have the first clue on how to post a picture here..

Now,, I would love to comment on all of these cool old traditional knives here, but I will keep it down to a dull roar and say the old fixed blade "Schrade old timer" model 150T Sharpfinger is fetching some serious bucks right now on eBay, and that one looks extra vintage with the nice grade of hi-carbon steel!:)

Merry Christmas to y'all! and to y'all a good night..:D

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you taking the time to look. sunnyd no need in keeping it to a dull roar on my account. I guess the pics aren't so bad. I thought I had the Ulster pretty polished up until I saw all the fingerprints.

Amos that knife has seen a few big mouth bass for sure. :D

Perfessr, I am seriously thinking of putting these all on ebay. I have bought some but never sold anything. Need to recoup from Christmas. So, you might still be able to get your 150T.

sunnyd after seeing some of the pics you posted in other threads, I might need to sell to supplement a new obsession. Those cripple creeks are pretty damned pretty.

Thats a nice bunch of keepsakes and memory triggers there...
You may want to think twice about selling them.

That comes from a guy who hasn't sold one yet...given away a few but haven't sold one :lol:

Here's my only garage find
poppick.jpg

My Dad's EDC before I got him a SAK...shuffled into the garage on the last move.
I'll not part with it :D

Wow, that's a sharp looking old knife. That box really shows its age. :)

I have never sold anything either. I went ahead and listed them. Started them all out at 99. Christmas really kicked my a#@ this year. They have spent a lot of years with me but, hopefully they will find homes with someone who can appreciate their age.

Thanks for posting your knife. She sure is pretty. :D

Back