While we are dreaming. Sal please look.

Danbo

Platinum Member
Since we are putting in our orders for dream knives from Spyderco, how about a tactical fixed blade based upon the handle from the Military? I own a Military and love it, but every time I put that big handled folder in my hands, I think of what it would be like to have a fixed blade with the same shape and size handle. Blade would be longer than the folder, of course. Maybe 6-7". Integral guard and thumb rest. Flat ground blade like on the Military. Blade steel could be S30V or BG42 with G10 handle slabs. Anybody else like this idea? How about it Sal?

Hi Danbo. All products begin as dreams. Interesting notion. You might check out the FB Temperance. It is FRN, not slabs, so there is a better overall fit to the hand than a flat slab. VG10, 4.5" (104mm), flat ground wide leaf.

We've introduced or are introducing a variety of FB designs since the fall of '01. We're now awaiting market reaction to Spyderco FB designs. If the market likes our Fixed Blades, we'll make more.

sal

As far as my dream blades go:

- I'd like to see the Ayoob, only with G-10 scales instead of Almite, and with a compression lock. Add the divots & protusions from the Gunting for flipping to reverse grip & for nailing pressure points.

- I'd also like to see a Civilian/Matriarch style knive, only with the tip strengthened a bit so it can be used for utility purposes.

Back