Whipping out the KaBar at work......

:D some good posts in here.

I am currently carrying a HEST/F. It opens fast, waves open, double locks, German D2, G10 scale, titanium frame. Yeah, that one. :D

But, when I spend time in the water, I keep a CS Lawman clipped inside my waistband of my trunks. Yeah, I carry a knife when I swim. I carry a knife everywhere. Last night at a fireworks festival, my daughters had some cylume sticks, and some plastic thread. They wanted the plastic thread cut into. I do want to add, they were playing with some kids who's parents were parked next to us. SO, I reach in my trunks and pull out the Lawman, which is not a fast opening knife, you have to rotate the blade into lock, no flicking this guy. The little girl who was playing with my daughter, is about 12ft away from me. She takes 4 BIG steps back, and tells her mama, "He's got a knife." The mom looks my way, and just stares at me.

Now, this is a nice lady, we have been talking and the kids have been playing for about an hour at this point, but she just stares. I cut the cord, and fold my knife up, put it away. After that, the little girl wouldn't come within 20' of me, and the mom just keeps staring at me. My oldest, Shy, asks the girl what's wrong, she said, "Your dad has a knife" Shyann answers, "Yeah, he's always got a knife. I have one to, ....." and starts telling the little girl all about her pink Izula. The mom, is just listening to Shy give her daughter the rundown on how knives are the world's oldest tools, and "like, we've been using knives since we were cavemen."

She's heard me say that a million times, and its still true. SO, to try and mend the fence a little, since we have about an hour more to spend together, here in this field, I walk over and ask the lady, "Is there something wrong, you seemed to get quiet all of the sudden?" She replied, "I've never seen anyone carry a knife in swimtrunks before, I was just wondering where you kept it." "Oh, I just clip it here. Its AUS8 stainless, lightweight, and a good design." and I raise my shirt a little to show her. Then, the grand finale, "We don't believe in carrying weapons." "Me neither, that's why its a tool first, weapon when it has to be".

She kinda raised her eyes, said, "That makes sense." Then, about that time, her eyes moved past me to LadyMoose, she had her folder out and was trimming a drink straw down to workable size, for my little one. Then the lady I was talking to, asks, "So, do you all have knives?" To which I replied, "No, the little one isn't old enough, yet. Couple of years, she'll be ready for one, I think."

Best line of the night, the lady says, "Hmmm, seems like they are awful handy to have around." Then holds out her drink and asks if I can trim the straw down for her.

Gawd, I love the 4th of July.

Moose

:D some good posts in here.

I am currently carrying a HEST/F. It opens fast, waves open, double locks, German D2, G10 scale, titanium frame. Yeah, that one. :D

But, when I spend time in the water, I keep a CS Lawman clipped inside my waistband of my trunks. Yeah, I carry a knife when I swim. I carry a knife everywhere. Last night at a fireworks festival, my daughters had some cylume sticks, and some plastic thread. They wanted the plastic thread cut into. I do want to add, they were playing with some kids who's parents were parked next to us. SO, I reach in my trunks and pull out the Lawman, which is not a fast opening knife, you have to rotate the blade into lock, no flicking this guy. The little girl who was playing with my daughter, is about 12ft away from me. She takes 4 BIG steps back, and tells her mama, "He's got a knife." The mom looks my way, and just stares at me.

Now, this is a nice lady, we have been talking and the kids have been playing for about an hour at this point, but she just stares. I cut the cord, and fold my knife up, put it away. After that, the little girl wouldn't come within 20' of me, and the mom just keeps staring at me. My oldest, Shy, asks the girl what's wrong, she said, "Your dad has a knife" Shyann answers, "Yeah, he's always got a knife. I have one to, ....." and starts telling the little girl all about her pink Izula. The mom, is just listening to Shy give her daughter the rundown on how knives are the world's oldest tools, and "like, we've been using knives since we were cavemen."

She's heard me say that a million times, and its still true. SO, to try and mend the fence a little, since we have about an hour more to spend together, here in this field, I walk over and ask the lady, "Is there something wrong, you seemed to get quiet all of the sudden?" She replied, "I've never seen anyone carry a knife in swimtrunks before, I was just wondering where you kept it." "Oh, I just clip it here. Its AUS8 stainless, lightweight, and a good design." and I raise my shirt a little to show her. Then, the grand finale, "We don't believe in carrying weapons." "Me neither, that's why its a tool first, weapon when it has to be".

She kinda raised her eyes, said, "That makes sense." Then, about that time, her eyes moved past me to LadyMoose, she had her folder out and was trimming a drink straw down to workable size, for my little one. Then the lady I was talking to, asks, "So, do you all have knives?" To which I replied, "No, the little one isn't old enough, yet. Couple of years, she'll be ready for one, I think."

Best line of the night, the lady says, "Hmmm, seems like they are awful handy to have around." Then holds out her drink and asks if I can trim the straw down for her.

Gawd, I love the 4th of July.

Moose

Good post. Pretty funny that she finally understood the usefulness of cutting instruments. :D

I brought a SAK Hiker to our familiy's BBQ yesterday. Very useful, for opening the many beer bottles, cutting hot dog packages open, and other tasks. It bothered absolutely no one. Most of them are Korean War and Desert Storm veterans, so a SAK to them is a toothpick compared to the Gerber's and Randall's they carried.

I have never gotten those looks when I'm using a smallish folder for something reasonable. If your the kind of person who goes into a restaurant and cuts your food with a folder or uses a knife to open those easy tear food wrappers your going to get looks. Not so much because their afraid of the knife as the are of the guy who feels the need to behave in such an odd manor.

The same thing goes for opening the knife in someones 'personal space' that should just be common courtesy. If a stranger out of the blue steps toward me and flicks open a knife, you had better believe I'm going to expect a fight first and assume they are friendly second.

I suspect the people who have a lot of these experiences are doing something different then I am. Be smart.

THIS! +1....very well said.

I carry only fixed blades (given the lack of archaic knife regulation in New Hampshire, I'm free to do as is completely reasonable with my blades) and a Victorinox Mechanic. The reactions I get when I open boxes, packages, etc. in public can be very amusing, especially when I'm on auto pilot and I grab my go-to blade (ESEE 6) out of my bag to do whatever cutting task is being asked of me.
A few weeks ago, while on a late-night grocery run, I did this in front of a terrified teen who was stocking the shelves. The box cutter wasn't doing it, so I grabbed the knife out of my bag and offered my help. He dropped the package and jumped backwards, pasty white. I picked the box up, cut the tape, then realized what I'd done. When the blade went away he stocked the shelf as fast as possible and walked away an unnecessary pace. I hollered apologies down the aisle and he stopped, turned and muttered something about how it didn't bother him, then promptly ran away.

This will get you shot some day.....IMO.

I like to carry my Rat 1 folder, and have gotten some "looks" from people before. So now when I need a knife in a public place I reach past the Rat and grab my leatherman P4 and use the blade on that. Found its a bit less intimidating...... imagine that ;-)

The best thing to do is, like mah daddy always said. Tell the truth. At any given time for work, I'm carrying 3-4 knives. NOW NOW, let me break it down so you don't think it's excessive. #1, on my lanyard that my keys are on, is a victoranox midnight watchman. #2 is a box knife, that is the 'handi cutter' that I use for opening 90% of the boxes where I work. #3 is my leatherman WAVE. Olde skool. This sucker is 12 years old and still running strong even through some rust (neglect on my part before I knew how to maintain a blade) and hard use. And #4 is either my Spyderco Endura 4 ins zdp 189 or my Kershaw bump in sandvic 14rcr98crm09ormovQx whatever-it-is (pretty good steel) I have only been asked one time "why are you carrying so many knives?" and I have very few problems with people because I follow some simple rules.

Rule 1: There is a right tool for the job. I have 4 knives with me. I need not open the 4 inch blade to cut... PACKING TAPE. I did have a small kershaw leek I used to open tape at one point for years with no problems. It's small and not nearly as menacing as my current 'big' edc knife. With the quick flick open, cut, flick closed.

EDIT: As a special note/rant to kfgk14, I do not carry a BK9, or one of my katana's for work. Please stop taking the esee 6 places that do not involve either CAMP, WOODS, or SURVIVAL. CAN you, legally? Sure. Should you? NO! You make the rest of us look like crazies. Cut that shit out ASAP. If you come at me in a store with a 6 inch blade and a 2 inch prick. You better believe I'll be running out of the aisle wondering what you're compensating for. This is half a step away from whipping out a .45 and SHOOTING open the box! Stop it, be safe, be smart, be sane (or at least appear sane!) FFS! Am I the only one ranting on this topic? Police your own, people. Someone being stupid with a knife, I tell them on the spot! :thumbdn:

Rule 2: Don't 'admire' your knife. It's open for a purpose. When you're off work or have nothing better to do, if you want, just sit it down and you can be free to stare at it for hours. Thing cut = job done = put back away now.

Rule 3: In edc, with the way things are today. Get a small knife for easy stuff. You can get a good edc knife for 20$ *and here I pimp Kershaw* small blade, ideal for everyday tasks. You can always carry another. (I carry 4, like I said)

Rule 4: Even I'm going to flinch if you snap out an assisted opener right next to my head. Look who's around you, you'd be AMAZED what just taking a single step back does to someones perception. It'll change from 'that's a mad man!' to 'He has a tool for this job, and he's being safe about using it'

Rule 5: WORDS! You see them flinch, talking about it like it's just another thing. MOST of these people will have the wrong impression about a knife. It's a weapon for killing children, especially babies and the defenseless. Seeing the knife means you're a half step away from stabbing anyone in sight and running down the road screaming 'THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!' This is your chance to set the record straight. 'This is a tool, I'm using it for this task. I know how to use it so there is almost no danger. It's usefulness far outweighs the danger factor. This is not a weapon.'

Now, those 5 rules have done me well. I've only had one incident, like I said. And here's what I did. (from memory. I'm not claiming this as a 1:1 transcript. I'm just saying it was something like this)

He: Why you carry so many knives?
Me: They all have a use. They're great for different things, but they're not all ideal for the same job.
He: Well, I think just the small one, right? All you do is cut boxes.
Me: Sometimes I have to break down huge display stands. Thick stuff. The tiny box opener *shows box opener* Just doesn't have enough blade to cut them. I use this (edc knife) back here to break them down.
He: What about that thing?
Me: The multi tool? It's mostly for pliers and screwdriver. I could use the blade I guess, But it's bit and heavy and the blade takes a long time to get out if I have to cut a lot of things. A simple blade is better.
He: You don't scare people?
Me: Not really. Just don't use it too close to them and most people are like 'he's got a knife. But he can't magic-cut-me from 10 feet away.' Just don't whip it out and wave it right in front of somebody. See that pile of cardboard? I have to get all that cut apart. Try using this *hands box opener*
He: I could use this.
Me: It'll take you all day, but sure, you can use that. *hands multi tool*
He: This is fine, it's a big blade, it take no time -(English is not his first language here, so some of the finer points are missing from the way he talked)-
Me: Yeah, but the blade locks, see? If you want to close it and re open it over and over again. It slows you down, again. And if you leave it open, you have to sit it somewhere, it falls off and gets bent, or hurts someone. Not ideal. And it's heavy, much heavier than this one. *hands Endura 4*
-I should note here, as soon as he held this knife, his expression changed to more of a 'Wow. This is it?' He wasn't impressed, but it was very much NOT an 'I fear this knife' response.
Me: That's perfect. Opens quick, very light, lots of blade length to get the job done, and I know how to use it to not be a danger to anyone.
He: Okay. I still dunno, but it make sense now.
Me: Good deal.

That's it. 2 mins somewhere to change someone's view from me being a homicidal maniac to a person who is prepared for the job at hand. Use words, they work amazingly well.

Last edited:
The best thing to do is, like mah daddy always said. Tell the truth. At any given time for work, I'm carrying 3-4 knives. NOW NOW, let me break it down so you don't think it's excessive. #1, on my lanyard that my keys are on, is a victoranox midnight watchman. #2 is a box knife, that is the 'handi cutter' that I use for opening 90% of the boxes where I work. #3 is my leatherman WAVE. Olde skool. This sucker is 12 years old and still running strong even through some rust (neglect on my part before I knew how to maintain a blade) and hard use. And #4 is either my Spyderco Endura 4 ins zdp 189 or my Kershaw bump in sandvic 14rcr98crm09ormovQx whatever-it-is (pretty good steel) I have only been asked one time "why are you carrying so many knives?" and I have very few problems with people because I follow some simple rules.

Rule 1: There is a right tool for the job. I have 4 knives with me. I need not open the 4 inch blade to cut... PACKING TAPE. I did have a small kershaw leek I used to open tape at one point for years with no problems. It's small and not nearly as menacing as my current 'big' edc knife. With the quick flick open, cut, flick closed.

EDIT: As a special note/rant to kfgk14, I do not carry a BK9, or one of my katana's for work. Please stop taking the esee 6 places that do not involve either CAMP, WOODS, or SURVIVAL. CAN you, legally? Sure. Should you? NO! You make the rest of us look like crazies. Cut that shit out ASAP. If you come at me in a store with a 6 inch blade and a 2 inch prick. You better believe I'll be running out of the aisle wondering what you're compensating for. This is half a step away from whipping out a .45 and SHOOTING open the box! Stop it, be safe, be smart, be sane (or at least appear sane!) FFS! Am I the only one ranting on this topic? Police your own, people. Someone being stupid with a knife, I tell them on the spot! :thumbdn:

Rule 2: Don't 'admire' your knife. It's open for a purpose. When you're off work or have nothing better to do, if you want, just sit it down and you can be free to stare at it for hours. Thing cut = job done = put back away now.

Rule 3: In edc, with the way things are today. Get a small knife for easy stuff. You can get a good edc knife for 20$ *and here I pimp Kershaw* small blade, ideal for everyday tasks. You can always carry another. (I carry 4, like I said)

Rule 4: Even I'm going to flinch if you snap out an assisted opener right next to my head. Look who's around you, you'd be AMAZED what just taking a single step back does to someones perception. It'll change from 'that's a mad man!' to 'He has a tool for this job, and he's being safe about using it'

Rule 5: WORDS! You see them flinch, talking about it like it's just another thing. MOST of these people will have the wrong impression about a knife. It's a weapon for killing children, especially babies and the defenseless. Seeing the knife means you're a half step away from stabbing anyone in sight and running down the road screaming 'THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!' This is your chance to set the record straight. 'This is a tool, I'm using it for this task. I know how to use it so there is almost no danger. It's usefulness far outweighs the danger factor. This is not a weapon.'

Now, those 5 rules have done me well. I've only had one incident, like I said. And here's what I did. (from memory. I'm not claiming this as a 1:1 transcript. I'm just saying it was something like this)

He: Why you carry so many knives?
Me: They all have a use. They're great for different things, but they're not all ideal for the same job.
He: Well, I think just the small one, right? All you do is cut boxes.
Me: Sometimes I have to break down huge display stands. Thick stuff. The tiny box opener *shows box opener* Just doesn't have enough blade to cut them. I use this (edc knife) back here to break them down.
He: What about that thing?
Me: The multi tool? It's mostly for pliers and screwdriver. I could use the blade I guess, But it's bit and heavy and the blade takes a long time to get out if I have to cut a lot of things. A simple blade is better.
He: You don't scare people?
Me: Not really. Just don't use it too close to them and most people are like 'he's got a knife. But he can't magic-cut-me from 10 feet away.' Just don't whip it out and wave it right in front of somebody. See that pile of cardboard? I have to get all that cut apart. Try using this *hands box opener*
He: I could use this.
Me: It'll take you all day, but sure, you can use that. *hands multi tool*
He: This is fine, it's a big blade, it take no time -(English is not his first language here, so some of the finer points are missing from the way he talked)-
Me: Yeah, but the blade locks, see? If you want to close it and re open it over and over again. It slows you down, again. And if you leave it open, you have to sit it somewhere, it falls off and gets bent, or hurts someone. Not ideal. And it's heavy, much heavier than this one. *hands Endura 4*
-I should note here, as soon as he held this knife, his expression changed to more of a 'Wow. This is it?' He wasn't impressed, but it was very much NOT an 'I fear this knife' response.
Me: That's perfect. Opens quick, very light, lots of blade length to get the job done, and I know how to use it to not be a danger to anyone.
He: Okay. I still dunno, but it make sense now.
Me: Good deal.

That's it. 2 mins somewhere to change someone's view from me being a homicidal maniac to a person who is prepared for the job at hand. Use words, they work amazingly well.

Your too serious lol

For the record tonight at buffalo wild wings I was counting the knives on me- I counted 10, my friend counted 13 with him...

Now what do you think of me? Lol
All for different tasks

I'm a software geek and I work around other software and hardware geeks.

Tools are part of the landscape.

Oddly, though, in the whole software development division, there are maybe three or four of us that regularly carry.

One of our server-side OS guys is a hunter, but for whatever reason doesn't seem to carry. I was standing there when he needed a knife for opening some boxes full of new networking gadgets. "Hey, do you have a knife?" On that particular day, the "small" knife was a Case Sod Buster Jr. No weird look, no eyebrows, just "thanks" and cutting the tape.

However . . .

When I was new with this outfit, there was a "breaking in" period.

I typically carry at least one "everyman-friendly" knife. Early on, I was carrying a Case Peanut along with a EKA/Wenger SAK pattern (basically the Wenger Commander with scissors), along with the ever-present Leatherman Wave.

My "response foil" was the receptionist/exec admin for out division. Older gal, though younger than myself, she tended to take things in stride. I would offer to help cut tape and open boxes, and it wasn't long before I was "the gadget guy."

Now, nobody blinks if I'm in the kitchen making salad or slicing cheese/salami with a Buck 110, a Swede 92, Buck Vantage, or whatever happens to be in the rotation for that day.

I hafta say, though, that living in the Inland Northwest* makes having a carry knife eminently practical, and I find it odd that so few of us geeks actually carry a cutting tool. Two or three of us in the company have Leatherman variations of one kind or another, but even our software guys have to manhandle the hardware, and a screwdriver, pliers, and so on are a pretty routine thing.
* Inland Northwest = East Washington, the North Idaho Panhandle, West Montana. Also, the Idaho driver's handbook actually stipulates that a knife should be included in a car's safety gear.

We have come a long way, though, from my years in school when it was simply expected that the majority of the boys would carry a knife. From the days of the teacher asking, "hey, which one of you has a knife?" and then having to pick from the raised hands, to the modern office place and "OMG! Why do you carry a WEAPON?"

Someday we'll have to discuss my fantasy plans for a new school: American Classic Scholastics & Rifle Academy, and the requirement that all students shall be equipped with a suitable knife at all times.

Your too serious lol

For the record tonight at buffalo wild wings I was counting the knives on me- I counted 10, my friend counted 13 with him...

Now what do you think of me? Lol
All for different tasks

I think of... WEIGHT! Q.Q How many pounds of knives? Can the uses/usefulness be combined? I can easily carry all my knives, gentleman knives, and folders on me and carry 30 damn knives. (I'll be very pointy!) Is it practical?

To be fair, this totally doesn't count if you count more than one blade. My multi tool has 3, Swiss army has 4, folder has 3. The nail file counts...etc :p

I carry 3, SAK Rucksack, Small fixed blade (BK14/Izula) and a HD folder of some kind.

Moose

My EDC is 3 (multi knife, edc big blade, swiss army on my keys) my work is 4 because 90% of the work really is that crappy box cutter. Which can also be a car key. It's gotta cut packing tape, so. It's job is easy. The others are tools. That's kinda a throw away. It's job is to preserve the point on my real knives XD

Last edited:
I carry only fixed blades (given the lack of archaic knife regulation in New Hampshire, I'm free to do as is completely reasonable with my blades) and a Victorinox Mechanic. The reactions I get when I open boxes, packages, etc. in public can be very amusing, especially when I'm on auto pilot and I grab my go-to blade (ESEE 6) out of my bag to do whatever cutting task is being asked of me.
A few weeks ago, while on a late-night grocery run, I did this in front of a terrified teen who was stocking the shelves. The box cutter wasn't doing it, so I grabbed the knife out of my bag and offered my help. He dropped the package and jumped backwards, pasty white. I picked the box up, cut the tape, then realized what I'd done. When the blade went away he stocked the shelf as fast as possible and walked away an unnecessary pace. I hollered apologies down the aisle and he stopped, turned and muttered something about how it didn't bother him, then promptly ran away.

an ESEE 6? really? sorry but I find that kinda dumb...

I think of... WEIGHT! Q.Q How many pounds of knives? Can the uses/usefulness be combined? I can easily carry all my knives, gentleman knives, and folders on me and carry 30 damn knives. (I'll be very pointy!) Is it practical?

To be fair, this totally doesn't count if you count more than one blade. My multi tool has 3, Swiss army has 4, folder has 3. The nail file counts...etc :p

Hmm... Weight? Doesn't bother me.... Kinda used to it- just like running in steel toe boots(which is all I wear always shoe wise- even hiking)

The largest would be a 13inch dagger in my right boot:D
I'll weight all my knives one day we'll see how it goes

Hmm... Weight? Doesn't bother me.... Kinda used to it- just like running in steel toe boots(which is all I wear always shoe wise- even hiking)

The largest would be a 13inch dagger in my right boot:D
I'll weight all my knives one day we'll see how it goes

Uh. For my mileage. I pick gun. If you carry a 13 inch dagger, it has 2 uses. 1: Kill somebody (hope in self defense) or 2: Show off to similar buddies. 1 is better accomplished with a CC gun. And 2 marks you as an idiot. At least if you take it into public to show it off.

I mean, lets compare: Gun gives you range and stopping power (ammo load, caliber, etc. all factor in) Dagger gives you... Mostly fondling ability. Maybe an intimidation factor cause EVERYONE sees you pull it out. Maybe security? Do you feel better with that in your boot?

All I can hear is 'man, that guy's going to have a hot-spot in his boot where he's carrying that ridiculous knife'

So, since you ask, 'what do you think of me' Over prepared is the nicest thing I think. Idiot is the most insulting. I picture as somewhere in the middle. Not to really spit in your eye, but I calls em likes I sees em. With all due respect.

This will get you shot some day.....IMO.

i'm pretty often carrying a number of knives from tiny folder/scissors to good sized folders or medium sized fixed blades (Eskabar) as EDC, and lately a belt knife of good size (Helle). nobody has said boo.

course, i'm also more often carrying something else :) which nobody has commented on, because they're not supposed to KNOW i am.

permits are good things. state law is even better.

You know, knock on wood and all that, I have yet to have anyone freak out about a pocket knife when I take it out and use it. And we need to be clear here: I work around some extremely liberal-Progressive people. I'll give myself credit though: it must be me and using common sense about when and where I take it out. We are very liberal here in Vermont, but we don't get hung up on some things that urban libs would freak out about. We are more like old-Europe liberal, not cosmopolitan NYC or San Fran liberal.

I've used my CRK Umnumzaan and, even more aggressive, my Spyderco CF Police w/ full Spyderedge! No one has cared yet.

As mentioned earlier, I do like the idea of carrying a non-aggressive knife in lieu of your favorite tacticool blade. Try something really utilitarian and multi-faceted, like a Victorinox Farmer (Alox scales). That knife is just pure utilitarian awesomeness. I love it and use it all the time.

Uh. For my mileage. I pick gun. If you carry a 13 inch dagger, it has 2 uses. 1: Kill somebody (hope in self defense) or 2: Show off to similar buddies. 1 is better accomplished with a CC gun. And 2 marks you as an idiot. At least if you take it into public to show it off.

I mean, lets compare: Gun gives you range and stopping power (ammo load, caliber, etc. all factor in) Dagger gives you... Mostly fondling ability. Maybe an intimidation factor cause EVERYONE sees you pull it out. Maybe security? Do you feel better with that in your boot?

All I can hear is 'man, that guy's going to have a hot-spot in his boot where he's carrying that ridiculous knife'

So, since you ask, 'what do you think of me' Over prepared is the nicest thing I think. Idiot is the most insulting. I picture as somewhere in the middle. Not to really spit in your eye, but I calls em likes I sees em. With all due respect.
Kill somebody? Hell no, I'd use my hands before I use a knife in most situations, friends? They already think I'm crazy, it just makes a great steak knife compared to the crap I'm used to and I can carry it with me:)

Hot spot? Nope to thin to be an issue it flexes Nicely to with most movements

I've been called worse:D
Idiot? Not going to disagree

Pretty sure it couldn't be used in self defense if I wanted too- I'd gave to be able to get it out, so kinda pointless, but that's what the Spartan and the m16 are for

I am beginning to understand why so many people are afraid or knives. A post above stated 23 knives between two people. My vote is that is a bit excessive. I know professional chefs that cater and travel with all of their knives and they don't even carry 10 knives and we are talking about tools that directly impact their livelihood. While you may have the right to carry so many knives, it doesn't exactly mean you should. Hell, you have the right not to shower or clean your butt and yet we do because its wise and mature. We have guys in the forum that are currently serving in a WAR. People really are trying to kill them. I bet they don't carry 10 knives and their lives are on the line 24hrs a day.

You say they all have different uses, please indulge me if you will. What are the 10 separate uses?

...stuff...

You say they all have different uses, please indulge me if you will. What are the 10 separate uses?

Yes, this. I explained mine. I can see a 10 knife carry in the woods for the purpose of say... knife reviews. But that's as far as my imagination can stretch. Not that I was really going out of my way to insult you earlier. Just giving you that simple opinion. But you can explain it here and maybe I'll get it allovasudden :) Ya never know...

I wanna say again, if you whip out your own steak knife at a restaurant, you're doing it wrong. And there is a difference here. At a friend's house, I'd be willing to use my own knife if his sucked. The opinion of my friends (yours know you, mine know me) is KNOWN. We're talking about the people in the next booth over. And the stigma you put on knives in general if you do it wrong. That's my concern here.

I am beginning to understand why so many people are afraid or knives. A post above stated 23 knives between two people. My vote is that is a bit excessive. I know professional chefs that cater and travel with all of their knives and they don't even carry 10 knives and we are talking about tools that directly impact their livelihood. While you may have the right to carry so many knives, it doesn't exactly mean you should. Hell, you have the right not to shower or clean your butt and yet we do because its wise and mature. We have guys in the forum that are currently serving in a WAR. People really are trying to kill them. I bet they don't carry 10 knives and their lives are on the line 24hrs a day.

What does it have to do with fear? And what the hell does war have to do with it? If your carrying automatic weapons I highly doubt you need much of anything else and I'll be among them next year so I hope that doesn't "offend" you can I go through and tell you the individual use of each knife I carry? Yes easily but I dont think you deserve the pleasure

I'm not going to disagree with the excessiveness but what no one sees they sure as hell won't fear- for me: things "exposed" leatherman on my belt, pocket clip of endura 1 back left pocket, pocket clip crkt m16-14sfg front left pocket, pocket clip cold steel Spartan front right pocket

That's it my friend- and it's hard to fear what isn't shown I have no contribution to the "fear" as an enthusiast, only knife ever taken out in "public" is my endura

Now my friend on the other hand... Yes he does, he strives too... His problem not mine

Edit- and just because I "carry 10 knives"(my regular edc is about 7)
Doesn't mean I don't know how and when to properly and safely use them- you people are weird in jumping to conclusions lol

Last edited:
Back