White Leather on Black Steel

FINALLY!!! I've got the sheath for my D Guard knife finished.

This is my first two piece sheath. The belt loops can be seperated from the sheath so it can be worn either left or right handed. It can also be worn horizontally. Currently, the thong that holds the knife in place is riveted to the belt loops and currently, just slips under the loop on the sheath to hold the knife, though I may change that to snaps st some point. I just wanted to finish this out. The ring on the sheath is meant to attatch to a thong that would be tied around the leg to hold it more secure, since I really don't like my knife banging against my leg.

Just a word of caution, if you are not sure. That leather has the look of Chrome Tan and if so it will be okay to use, but not to store the knife in for extended periods of time, particularly if that is a carbon blade. In fact if you are out in humid or damp conditions it wouldn't hurt to check the blade a few times during the day.

Paul

Just a word of caution, if you are not sure. That leather has the look of Chrome Tan and if so it will be okay to use, but not to store the knife in for extended periods of time, particularly if that is a carbon blade. In fact if you are out in humid or damp conditions it wouldn't hurt to check the blade a few times during the day.

Paul

I don't think I have to worry about that too much. The knife isn't exactly mirror polished.

D_Guard_Knife_WIP_Almost_by_angusman219.jpg

Cool knife and sheath brother, looks like alot of fun to use. Hope your great grandson has fun with it someday, it looks like it will still be around.

Back