White Lightning

I don't generally endorse products but I bought some White Lightning lubricant a while back and finally got around to using it on one of my favorite lock back pocket knives. What can I say this stuff is terrific! A lot of you guys already know this but this stuff kicks a**!

Well I guess I got a little carried away there, I've had so little time in the shop lately and so little time for anything knife related that this just set me off and I had to share. I suppose if I'm getting excited over a knife lubricant I need to seriously overhaul my priorities!:D

You must have missed the "free sample" lube thread a while back...now there's a bunch of crazies...:D :eek: :D

White Lightning is easily found at most bicycle shops. I used it for years as a chain lube before I was ever aware that it could be used on folders.

Craig

I'm the same way over a product called Eeezox, which is a cleaner, lubricant and rust preventative that really do works. I put some on a friends knife that was eat with up surface rust and it removed all of it....I use it on everything that can rust or corrode!

White Lightning also seems to work pretty well for protecting the blade as well as lubricating the joints. I had a folder one time that I just could not get broke in. I kept on and kept on putting the White Lightning into the joint and working the knife until it started working smoothly. By that time I has so much wax from the solution on my blade that after a rubdown with an old t-shirt, the blade has a nice protective coating. This would be more important to me as an O-1 user than it would be to some of you guys who use a lot of stainless. -chris

As soon as a new knife arrives I get the white lightning out and "do" the entire knife. Most of my knife purchases are destined for the knife roll BUT my EDC a kershaw mini task gets a dose once in a while too.:) :)

Back