WhiteKnuckler

I am looking into getting a fixed blade knife to carry on me. I like the look of the whiteknuckler but I don't know anything about knives and wanted to see what you guys thought about the knife.

http://www.whiteknucklerbrand.com/knife-belt/whiteknuckler-knife.html

Also, if you have a suggestion for a similar style knife I'd be interested in hear about those as well.

I am a little partial toward the Kabar 5" Knife. (Model #1250).

Thanks.

Welcome. Well, it "...embodies that, balls to the wall spirit and puts a statement right on your belt." And it is distributed by a company that makes motorcycle parts...and who knows more about knives than them? :rolleyes:

What do want to do with your new knife?
What do want to spend?
What about that knife appeals to you?

Answer those three and we can suggest a high quality knife for you. Maybe not as "balls to the wall" as that one.

Reactions: DMG
BTW. I have to suggest the TOPS Cockpit Commander.

Because 1) it is a similar knife to that WhiteKnuckle thing, and 2) its name makes me giggle.

I'm going to buy a WhiteKnuckler and wear it on my belt, right below my "1%-er" and "Mustache Rides 5 cents" patches on my Biker vest. I expect no police scrutiny whatsoever. :D

What do want to do with your new knife? Looking for an EDC fixed blade knife, specifically when I ride. Looking for something that if necessary I could use in self defense, but also as a utility knife.
What do want to spend? preferably under $100 or so
What about that knife appeals to you? I like the size (I've been told it has a 4" blade)...its big enough not really too big to get hassled by the cops (my one reservation with the kabar short). i like the shape. i like the natural handle (like the wood or bone or leather).

As far as the description goes, you have to give the guy credit. He knows his audience, hipsters that want to act/look like old school bikers. But I do like the look of the knife, just curious as to how good of quality it is.

If the description is accurate, it is not bad value. There is still room in that description for a disapointing knife.
Most people new to knives have trouble with a blade with that much belly. It is not a good general purpose design.

I think I can pick up the identical knife, made by Frost Cutlery, from any flea market, for 30% of the cost! :p

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, let me consider the knife, based on it's merits.

The finger hole gives you better control, and it's small enough that you can conceal it, albeit with some difficulty.

For general EDC, I would say there are less "look at me!" choices out there.

For making a statement about what kind of knife you like to carry, it's hard to beat.

Just be aware that with that statement comes the possibility of increased attention, from the police.

Now, in all seriousness, let's talk about the price.

The basic pattern probably costs them less than twenty dollars per piece, to import.

Let's also assume that they don't ruin the heat-treat during the grinding and polishing process.

How much is their grinding and polishing process worth to you?

I can't answer that question. Only you can.

If you do decide to buy it, we would like to hear about edge retention and ease of sharpening.

Well it's not a sheeple friendly design but to each their own.
If you like the style I know that CRKT ( Columbia river knife and tool ) made a few very similar knives for less money- I think it was called the bear claw.

If you plan to carry it out and about I believe you'll have a lot harder time convincing anyone that that knife is intended to be more tool than weapon.

That said, I carry a 4 inch folder and a hand gun. Carry what you like.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with 440 steel, but, you can do a LOT better these days.

I don't want my belt making any advertisement other than saying, "I'm here to hold up the pants".

OK, so I found out that knife is real small and people who haven't aren't real impressed so gonna pass on that. Also, the more I think about it, the more I don't like the idea of unnecessary attention from police when carrying a fixed blade. Gonna look for a new folder. Any input on the Spyderco Endura 4?

I think that's its a very solid knife for the money, maybe a bit long to be legal in some areas though. Check into your local knife laws to find out what'll keep you legal and then go from there; that said, I know plenty of guys who carry knives much longer than what's considered "legal" in their areas due to how convoluted the law is written. I believe that as long as your not acting like a fool the chances of having a problem are fairly slim anyway, but, better to be safe than jailed.

1AbominAble1's post regarding your local laws is really excellent advice.

OK, so I found out that knife is real small and people who haven't aren't real impressed so gonna pass on that. Also, the more I think about it, the more I don't like the idea of unnecessary attention from police when carrying a fixed blade. Gonna look for a new folder. Any input on the Spyderco Endura 4?

The Endura 4 is an excellent knife. Also take a look at Spyderco's Stretch. If you still like the looks of the WK, take a look at Brous Blades Silent Soldier. Quality knife from a well known maker. Similar in appearance to the Wk but a folder so you can tuck it away in your pocket.

4v136nx.jpg

Best of luck finding the right knife for you. :)

I've carried an Endura - various versions - every day for many years. Probably my favorite knife. Had to replace two that I lost.

Thank you very much.

I think that the Brous is a good idea, well made folding example of the whiteknuckler that he was originally interested in.

I'll add to that option the idea that you check out a Benchmade Griptillian. It has a superb lock that is easy to use, comes in good steels, and has a great blade for EDC purposes-especially the Ritter version. It's not terribly expensive though it does cost more than the knuckler. There are 2 sizes of it as well, the small will be legal in most areas and the large still falls into legal in some areas.

Let us all know what you pick.

I am looking into getting a fixed blade knife to carry on me. I like the look of the whiteknuckler but I don't know anything about knives and wanted to see what you guys thought about the knife.

http://www.whiteknucklerbrand.com/knife-belt/whiteknuckler-knife.html

Also, if you have a suggestion for a similar style knife I'd be interested in hear about those as well.

I am a little partial toward the Kabar 5" Knife. (Model #1250).

Thanks.
I have never owned a WK so can't talk about then. I suggest you don't listen to the judgement of anyone who hasn't owned one. I am expecting to receive one shortly as someone bought me a gift. Looking forward to getting it. Let you know about after I receive it and handle it for a bit. In the meantime find a knife shop,check some out and talk with other customer and the workers. Sometimes you'll get some great info and learn about knives.

I have never owned a WK so can't talk about then. I suggest you don't listen to the judgement of anyone who hasn't owned one. I am expecting to receive one shortly as someone bought me a gift. Looking forward to getting it. Let you know about after I receive it and handle it for a bit. In the meantime find a knife shop,check some out and talk with other customer and the workers. Sometimes you'll get some great info and learn about knives.
Thanks, gravedigger.

Back