Whites vs Redwing vs Danner Boots

I'am looking for some new boots and I'am wondering what is the toughest most long lasting boot out of the three, in this price range $300-350 USD
Thanks

Toxin said:
I'am looking for some new boots and I'am wondering what is the toughest most long lasting boot out of the three, in this price range $300-350 USD
Thanks
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386868

On going at the moment.
Redwings are a nice boot, but disposable, I got about a year out of a set of lace up packers. No comparison between Whites and Redwings though. Whites are super heavy duty

Whites are very heavy duty and rebuild able. I have one set going on 4 years; the other is new at maybe 6 months. About every other time you get your Whites resoled they will go in and redo all the arches and replace what needs fixing.

I personally hate Danners just because they do not fit my feet. That and the goofy liner inside some models is not attached to the bottom of the boot and can cause hot spots. I work with a ton of guys that love them but I won’t waste any more money on them.

Before Scarpa chopped their US line that is the only boot I would wear. I had two sets one lasted 10 years and the other lasted about 9 years. I have plans to get a friend of mine in Europe to send me some from over there where they have a much better selection.

wp.jpg

set of Whites lace up round toe packers, they look like crap because I had a horse almost bleed out and they were covered in blood, only way I have been able to get the stains off is to let them wear off

Toxin, where will you be primarily using your boots; on the trail, at work, on the farm, hunting?

Thanks Horned Toad for the pics and info. Bronco I'am looking for 2 pairs of boots one will be all backpacking, hiking, camping, the second will be work, and everyday use.
Hey Bronco here's a link about the heels for the whites.
http://www.whitesboots.com/boots_about.php

This is where iam heading so far.

Redwing for work
Whites for backpacking.

Based on my own thread asking the same question(s), just bought new Redwings and Danners. I'l let ya know in 2 years how they work out.:thumbup:

The Danners (Striker 45) fit like a good trail shoe. The Redwings (926's) are a bit taller, and will take some getting used to for an "at work" boot.

I work in an office/data center, and am on my feet 8-10 hours per day.

I've heard good things about Danners.

I use Chippewas, and have had good luck with them. Moderately priced, too.

Glenn

Back