Who already has their dream Busse or on order?

Walking Man

BANNED
Who already has their dream Busse or on order?
The reason I'm asking this is because I took a huge jump and ordered the LE Steel Heart today, they're even going to make the handles thinner (fusion size) for me, because they told me magnums are for folks with big hands. (at least too big for me), so I still get the LE handle material, and serial number.
For me, it's the right knife. Full flat ground blade, satin finish. INFI, comfy, contoured handle, not too much weight, or too long, but long enough to do any knife job. sweet.
You?

I think the Heavy Ordinance FSH I have on order is probably my dream knife. I have a SFNO and a Swamp Rat Ratweiler that I love but I am stoked to get that big fat Steel Heart! I will continue buying smaller knives but I feel these three brutes will be enough for a while. The HO FSH will rule this household :D

I have always wanted a big old knife with a 9" plus blade. I never had one before, so my Magnum EU17 will be my first big knife, and my first Busse. I think it is my dream knife. But after I get it I am sure I will find another "Dream Knife". I am already planing for my next Busse, and I am only 16! :eek: looks like I will be buying Busses for the rest of my like! Which is a good thing. :D Now, Leaner Street, or Assault Shaker.... awww, I dont think I will ever make up my mind. :D

Thor

If I was forced to dispose of all of my Busses except for one, and could never order another, I would keep one of my Zero Tolerance Natural Outlaws, so I suppose that is my dream knife.

Can't order my dream knife yet since it won't be released for several months.

Bring this thread back to life in a few months.

Dark Nemesis said:
Can't order my dream knife yet since it won't be released for several months.

Bring this thread back to life in a few months.

. . . and yet, if you could see the giraffe bone handled Off Duty I was working on tonight. . . . you might realize that dreams can come true. . . . . :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jerry Busse said:
. . . and yet, if you could see the giraffe bone handled Off Duty I was working on tonight. . . . you might realize that dreams can come true. . . . . :eek: :eek: :eek:

You are so da man :D :D :D

I see all me Busse blades as "Dream" knives,,,if i had to part with any of mine, it would be a "nightmare", so i'm gonna have to plea the 5'th on this one. :eek: :eek:

it would have to be full custom for me...

1 = a .09" thick blade, done in the satin jack tactical style, but completely and utterly sans the choil - as in edge to ricasso, no interuptions. fully flat ground

2 = same thing, but in 1/4" thickness, and saber ground.

3 = i dont know... i have conflicting view on what i want for a big blade... part of me likes the thin easy carry and easy penetration of 3/16", part of me likes the heavy power of 5/16 or 3/8". likewise, part of me likes the fact that i can pack a battle mistress in me where every i go, but part of me longs for a 24" bladed moab... regardless of thickness/length, it would be of the basic fusion battle mistress swag back clip point design, with the fusion handles, and serrations near the handle area (new or old style doesnt matter). chances are if i had a choice, id probably end up going with 1/4" thick. honestly, just a new fushion battle mistress with serrations would rock. but i dont think i'll be getting one, since i have the tmbm w/serrations...

as it stands, i pretty much have what ive always wanted in my busse blades though. there are just a few niggles with the handles and a few other things, wich are all easy to live with because they dont really negatively effect performance. i dont like the choil on my 1/4" saber satin jack even though its been sharpened, i dont like the 3rd gen handles compared to the tactical line, and id rather have the fusion handle then the e-handle (though the variation on mine does make it a step above the standard e-handle). but none of those things effect their application to the extent that the knife is not worth keeping/using. the 3rd gens are decent handles, and the choil on the 1/4 saber sj wont effect its ability to pry. and the battle mistress is just a good all around blade.

are they my dream blades? not really, are they the best i can get at the moment? yes. and that is more then good enough :D

To echo what Dr. Thor said, my EU-17 Magnum is my dream Busse. :)
orig.jpg

Back