Photos Who can help with 107 (year of production)?

Sheath no. Can you tell the year of production and approximate cost? And just as interesting - what is this knife for? (fish\meat\paring knife, can be a small bird?)

The knife originated in the 1970's as a 4" paring knife in a Buck kitchen cutlery set. Was also sold in a set of 6 serrated steak knives. It was found to be a popular size as a small game, fish, and bird knife and was then sold separately as the model 107 Scout. It came with a pouch type sheath. The 'V' is the date code for 1989. Check ebay completed auctions to get an idea of what they sell for.

Here is what I have in my notes. The 107 started as a paring knife in 1973 in the Empress Trio set. From 1976 until 1992 it was produced as the 107 and was considered a bird and fish knife. A variation as a serrated steak knife in the Windsor set was made,also.

Bert

I’ve always wanted a 107 Scout. Really a cool little fixed blade.

A 4" paring knife is still in the cutlery product line, available in Elk, Paperstone, or Rosewood. Same general shape without the upsweep and will be hollow ground. There have been two more recent limited edition releases of the 107, one in Sambar Stag and one in Elk.

Last edited:
"Buck also brought out a steak knife set of four in 1990 that remained in the catalog through 1993. These knives use the same blade as the 107." From Buck Collectors newsletter June 2005, article, Primed for Re-introduction? By Larry Oden. DM

Back