• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Who can make me a sheath for a Cold Steel AK-47? Info help

Thank you for your time folks, hope this is in the correct area.
Im hoping to find a maker for a Leather sheath to carry my Cold Steel AK-47 in the tip up manner that it is in my pocket . Or kydex is fine if it is cheaper or more secure.
Any info on both of these options would be much appreciated.
I love this knife , I just happen to be a sheath man.
Thanks
Brusher

Hey buddy, I make 1 piece kydex style belt sheaths for folders and have the current AK on hand. Let me know if I can help. Good luck no less :)

[video=youtube;LUpxI-aHHos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpxI-aHHos[/video]

[video=youtube;EWl8CS2J598]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWl8CS2J598[/video]

I love that pancake style sheath, very unique in the world of kydex. :)

Got any still pics?

That would be wonderful I love your work.
I would love to get a one of your kydex pancake sheaths for my AK.
Can the carry be just a bit deeper than that in the video.
Thanks , IM already excited!

I love that pancake style sheath, very unique in the world of kydex. :)

Got any still pics?
Thanks Dwayne means a lot. Ive looked around and not found a similar 1 piece Kydex design with slots but like always Im sure its been done (plz link me if anyone can).

Technically, its taco. Ideally all I use to make them is one piece of kydex but from time to time I toss an eyelet in there depending on how the retention turns out.

That would be wonderful I love your work.
I would love to get a one of your kydex pancake sheaths for my AK.
Can the carry be just a bit deeper than that in the video.
Thanks , IM already excited!

Awesome! Deep carry-will be my first time making one for an AK so just depends on how the action turns out. Sometimes more kydex on these can make for a tougher draw. Will email you and we can discuss further. Cheers
Eric
eta-I cant email or pm you so please contact me (dericdesmond at yahoo)

Sweet . Email replied with the specifics. And not necessary to be too deep carry. I like the way it works. Maybe just a bit deeper and more snug for hiking and what not.
Any way emailed,
Brusher

Thanks guys,
Looks like im getting a taco style from dericdesmond.
Hope this thread helps others.
Brusher

Brusher, all done, email sent, yesterday ;)
How does that handle feel against your ribs?

Cant recall even the biggest handled knives coming into contact with my ribs (maybe my love handles shield them?) and no customer complaints so far :) Drove from the top of IN to Atlanta Bladeshow w/ the actual one in the pics on my right hip all the way. No issue at all. I dont usually carry big monsters like that but I was testing it. Even ones for larger folders are Not half a pain as toting a firearm imo. Wouldnt recommend them to people who are exceedingly overweight though, atleast larger handled folders like some of the crazy cold steels.

Last edited:
Back