who can sharpen my axe

I found an old axe with a nice long handle does anyone know where I can send it to be sharpened properly .

Our member siguy used to do that kind of work. I believe he also has a couple videos on how to re-handle an old axe. Unfortunately, I think he's away on an extended project now. I'll ask around and see if anyone knows of a suitable substitute for siguy.

With some reading and video viewing, I'll bet you could do it yourself.

DancesWithKnives

I agree with dwk2 that you could do it yourself either buy a book or search for a tutorial. then go to a hardware store buy a file and get busy thats how I learned and I'm not even the head cashier at wal-mart.

There's a forestry service axe book that covers just about everything, including sharpening. You could probably find it with Google or by using Google to search this website. I'd start with an axe file if the old boy is really dull, then move to a strop or fine stone.

DancesWithKnives

I spose I could do it myself--- I think it my be a real good axe ,,and it hasnt been sharpened in 35years .. so I thought it would be nice for A REAL PRO, to do it this time ----and then I can keep it tuned up, ya know what I mean

Back