Who carried their Pro Series today??? AKA Galyean Picture Gallery

Did you carry a Galyean Pro Series today??

Do you have a Pro Series or Galyean custom??

Which one??

What did you do with it??

Got any pics???

I must know! Hahah :)

eb6cf3c6.jpg

I carried the TNK Small Lahar and used the IKBS flipper a bunch but I haven't found anything to cut yet today.

You?

Last edited:
I dont yet have a Pro Series, got on the list to get a large JYD when Tim has time to make some. I cant wait !!!

I didn't carry a Pro Series today. I've got my Large and Small JYD's that I carry, though I must admit that the Small gets carried much more often. The Small was in my pocket almost all of this past week. Man I love that knife.

I don't own a Pro Series Lahar unfortunately. I want a small one, and I will snag it sooner or later.

On Monday I will be receiving a Turbulence in the mail except this one was drilled and tapped so the clip can be flipped for tip up carry. This was done by another member and I can't wait to receive it. The tip down only option is what kept me from purchasing a Turbulence, but now when I saw the one I'll be receiving I just knew I had to have it. I have a feeling that the Turbulence will be in my pocket for quite some time.

I carry a small XM-18 most of the time. I like the Galyean pro series designs better.

I carried my small pro series JYD yesterday. It is my favorite design and carry knife. But i have this thing about preserving it to keep it new. Which is a mistake, because life is short.

I'll post a picture tomorrow when I get my Turbulence. Large and Small JYD and the Turbulence. I need a Small Lahar... :(

Last edited:
I'll post a pic of all three of my Pro Series knives, but not for a couple days. Right now I'm in the mountains with the wife, kids, and dog. Won't be home for a couple more days............and no, I'm not telling you where I keep my knives:p:D

What the?? I just realized the Lahar in Steelsnob's first pic has a different machining pattern on the handle than mine.

Tim, were some Lahars made specifically for TNK like the black JYD's, or was this pattern change from a second run that got changed a little? I love the pattern on mine, but the one on the the Lahars on TNK is pretty interesting too:thumbup:

Yes. The TNK Lahars have the pattern shown in my picture. It's provides excellent grip with cross directional pattern. :)

My Turbulence early today, going out tonight so... it's gonna be a small brown Lahar

TNK has Small Lahars.

I know. I've been tempted to drop the $425 and get the blue one, but I'd really like to trade into one hopefully. I know there isn't a big a chance of that happening. And even if I do end up getting one I have to figure out who to send it to for a clip flip. Well... I should say, when I do end up getting one. :D I don't know. I'll figure it out eventually. I'm too amped up for my Turbulence to think about the Lahar right now. After I've had the Turbulence for about six hours I'll be thinking about the next one. Actually, I've got a bunch of other stuff coming as well so it should be enough to tide me over for about ten or eleven days. :eek: ;)

Turbulence landed today. Whoa! What a sweet blade. Immediately went into the pocket. Here are the pics of my Pro Series collection... so far. :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
My Turbulence landed a week ago and it immediately found it place in pocket. Great blade shape, traditionally amazing ergonomics of handle and all this in perfect size that should matching all EDC needs. Pics above perfectly show size difference, not too big not to small, great!

I have been carrying and using my Turbulence since it arrived. Great blade.

:thumbup:

07212010108.jpg

Ok, back home from Tahoe and as promised......a Pro Series family picture, all #24:D Damn, I want more of these!!:thumbup:

ProSeriesFamilyshot5.jpg

ProSeriesFamilyshot1.jpg

ProSeriesFamilyshot.jpg

ProSeriesFamilyshot2.jpg

Turbulence landed today. Whoa! What a sweet blade. Immediately went into the pocket. Here are the pics of my Pro Series collection... so far. :D
picture.php

Tony, I just noticed the serial number on your small JYD........is that serial number 24??? Alright, what's it gonna cost me to get my number from you??:D:D

Back