Who designed Quik-action Cuda?

I keep a short data file on each knife in my collection, and to that end would like to know who the designer was of the Quik-action Cuda series. Anyone know? TIA - Lee

It looks a lot like the Terzuola ATCF to me. But I don't remember seeing it advertized that way. So I don't know for sure.

I'd have to agree it looks like a Terzuola, as I have them side-by-side in my display case. If it was a collaboration it would likely have Bob's name all over it for sales appeal. Otherwise, you'd have to say it was probably "influenced" by the Terzuola design. Still wondering who designed it. The quik-action mechanism is worthy of tagging someone's name to it. - Lee

Folks, sorry I missed this question for so long. We have covered this in the past, and somehow I thought that someone had already linked to that thread. Anyway, here we go....

The CUDA QUIK ACTION knives are unique mainly to their opening device. This patented mechanism was brought in rough for to us by a designer in the firearms industry, who wishes to remain unamed in the background. We finalized the design, and of course compensate the designer. The overall shape of the knife is obvisously Terzuola influenced. Phil Gibbs, our in house designer is good friend with Bob T, and greatly admires the Terzuola ATCF. Every meaningful design he came up with incorparted features from the ATCF, so he asked Bob if it wuld be OK with Bob if we used the overall shape of the knife. He said yes, but did not want to put his name on the design since he did not have a hand in designing the opening device. Sooooo...

Basically, you have a CAMILLUS patented opening mechanism, housed in a knife whose shape is heavily influenced by the Terzuola ATCF.

THanks for the interest!

Back