Who Does Not Own An M43?

I thought I'd seperate the have's from the have nots, the elite from the unshaven.
To start it off, I do not own a classic M43, but I do have a rare Hanshee/M43

munk

I don't have an M43. Used to have one made by Kesar, it was one of the first 10 to come from the shop. Sold it a few years ago. Does that count?

Have not...................yet.:(

Not that I really count, yet. I'm still a newbie. I only have seven H.I. khukuri's total since mid December.

CARman

I'm unshaven, but thankfully, I have an M-43--picked it up at the Khonvention last year.
--Josh

munk, actually I don't have an 'M' anything...
Even after seeing all the pics lately, the shape still seems a bit odd to me so I'm hoping I'll be able to try one out at the Khonvention.;)

I got the old ones but not the HI ones. Willing to trade my Malla or Chi AK for one if anyone is interested.

alf

Had one until the buttcap came off (Kumar goofed and made the tang-buttcap junction brittle). After that I gave up on full tangs and got a BAS and Chitlangi.

Edited out because I realized what I ask I already knew....Duhhhh

I do not own one - and I am not sure if I ever will. Tight budget on Khukuris, I am saving to get a new recurve bow (olympic recurve).

Andreas

I have 2. Does that make me part duck?
Aardvark, I've seen this quite a bit did some searching earlier this week and am still unable to determine who or what this is...
can you elaborate for us new guys?

Warren, jim_l_clifton is affectionately known as the duck, or quackipuss. He hasn't been around for a while, I'm not sure why. Quite a character and a cool guy to boot.

And to answer the original question, I'm M-43-less :( until I win the one at the Khonvention this year that is :D.

I have a sweet wood handled one. I intend to get a horn handled one and satin finish the horn, then blue the blade and steel hardware. I think that would be a great "K"!:cool:

Originally posted by WarrenR
Aardvark, I've seen this quite a bit did some searching earlier this week and am still unable to determine who or what this is...
can you elaborate for us new guys?
Warren, RoadRunner got it right, but didn't mention that he lives in a dank cave in Florida, overflowing with one-legged dancing girls. And the rattle of M43s is likely to bring him sniffing about on all-fours.

Clifton has at least 10 of them, as far as I can gestamate.
For a while, he specialized in scooping them up. I think he had a fast internet and was on spot during the morning sales.

I too have looked at that curve and wondered if it would actually chop wood WORSE than some other designs, not to say it would be 'bad'.

It is beautiful, no question. Some day I'll probably get one, but I'd like another WWll first.

munk

I'm M-43-less as well. I really want one of the hanshee m-43 hybrids. But baby comes first!

Back