who enjoys small texas toothpicks

i scratched it dropping it-so it sits alone on the shelf of shame-

he never made contact after asking me to do some reverse feedback or somthing so he didnt have to pay the ebay fee - i aksed him how and never got a reply-i wont be a repeat customer,mostly because i asked for one with a centered blade when i bought it-

I know that Cumberland has a great reputation but I have also had problems where knives that were marked several in stock turned out not to be and since I prepaid with paypal I had to send several emails (and I mean several) to get my money returned...:( I have most of my sons inheritance :p invested in Schatt & Morgan knives but will not purchase from that particular store anymore. There are too many folks with incredible service hungry to sell me some great knives.

I would also recommend that you not give up on Schatt & Morgan knives; they truly do have impressive quality knives and the one you described is not a good representation of what they make...IMO

Good Luck,

Sunburst

Well, sorry to hear about your experience. I've gotten a few knives from Bill, had one episode as above where he didn't have in stock what the web page said he did, but I didn't have the Paypal hassle described above. While he's been perfectly fine to deal with I haven't been particularly bowled over by his service as some people seem to have. I've never tried to return a knife, though. It's not like the knives I bought were individually inspected and hand selected, or anything like that, which seems to be the implication of some of his customers on the forums. He does carry some stuff you just can't find elsewhere.

I do a lot of business with Sooner State Knives. Kenny is great to deal with and generally has much of the same merchandise at (dare I say) better prices.

-- Sam

wont be buying another schatt and morgan-guess i will stick with canal street

I've had just the opposite experience with Canal Street. The one and only I've gotten and recently is a bit dissapointing, given all the talk I've heard about CSC being THE standard of quality construction. The only saving grace on the one I got is it has well profiled, VERY sharp D2 blades out of the box. However, I figure I'll try to keep an open mind and eventually try another Canal Street to give them a fair chance.

The few S&Ms I have are excellent. I've only had one Queen, and it was one of the first I'd gotten, that was disappointing. Since then I've gotten four or five more that have been quite nice. I almost swore off Queen with that one knife, but hung in there. Fortunately, the other Queen that I ordered at the same time was a good one. So I was a little more willing to try them again.

I wouldn't give up on a particular maker until you've seen/tried one or two more. Like I said, if I were to base my opinion on this one Canal Street, I'd swear they were all over priced junk. But, I think this wasn't typical of their work. I sure hope not.

Good luck on future purchases.

I do a lot of business with Sooner State Knives. Kenny is great to deal with and generally has much of the same merchandise at (dare I say) better prices. -- Sam

Sooner State Knives are great to deal with and like you said tend to have good prices...Don't forget http://www.crisnercutlery.com/ when looking for great service with great prices as well..

I know you said that you dropped your knife but you might still consider calling Queen who made your knife about mailing it back to them. They are real people who understand real problems and it is their goal to satisfy you. They also have a great reputation for receiving knives and fixing or exchanging them to satisfy the owner. It sure beats leaving the poor thing on the shelve all by itself...:)

To talk to a real person at Queen call 800-222-5233 or 814-827-3673 if the 800 number doesn't work for you.

Sunburst

havent recieved it yet
a5_12.jpg

9f_12.jpg

these are from ebay

Back