Who gets paid at AKTI?

Bobby Branton

I know that this is always a touchy subject, but I have been asked by a couple of perspective members. Who gets paid at AKTI?
and if so how much? If that is a matter of public record.
They are fearing another organization like the NRA or United Way who seems to be real top heavy with salaried staff. I think that I know the answer but I just want to be sure so that I can have my facts straight.

Thanks

Bobby

Bobby - Jan gets a modest salary.

No salaries for anyone esle. The Regents get the opportunity to pay. The Regents also pay for their own travelling expenses, donated prizes and they donate their time.

Services such as attorneys, accountants and related are paid their fees. Jan tries to keep all of it at a minimum, yet provide good service.

This organization is truly for the knife industry. No personal gains. Those involved wouldn't have it any other way.

sal

Thanks Sal,

I will pass the word. I will also bring it up before the board at our next meeting in Febuary of The South Carolina Association of Knifemakers. I am hoping that we will take the lead and encourage all of the other Knifemaking organizations to join. `

Thanks

Bobby Branton
President
South Carolina Association of Knifemakers

Back