Who has a really old Emerson Knife, and how old is it.

I know Mr. emerson aka Ernest started making knives about almost 30 years, but was wondering if anyone has a real old Emerson, and what the real early Emerson looked like.

Curiosity is not killing me, just making me wonder!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread sure turn out pretty cool once the proper people see it.

I remember in the EDC 3 thread there was a very very old Emerson model that kind of resembled a precursor to the A100. I don't remember when or who posted it but it was extremely unique compared to Emersons today.

Hate to be "that guy" but I don't think this is the right forum to get the info you want. I kinda Suspect I know where to go though :)

..started making knives about 30 years ago... has someone got one of these really old ones? Whoo boy! 30 years was not long ago to some of us that bought still-current-production SAKs plus or minus a decade of that date and are still using them!

Hate to be "that guy" but I don't think this is the right forum to get the info you want. I kinda Suspect I know where to go though :)

Well the thread is young in a week if no old photos, and stories don't surface like a submarine. The thread will be on the bottom forever.

I completely agree! That forum is a wealth of knowledge. Sometimes guys come up with knives that Ernie barely remembers making!

I just started another post on my most recent acquisition, which happens to be my oldest Emerson at 16 years old.

I have a 13 yr old custom cqc6. There's a couple of videos on youtube that shows the halfmoon logo which I believe were made in the late 80's early 90's.

Mine had the year laser etched under the spec war logo, 2001. I haven't bought a new knife since I got it. This ones going into the grave with me when I die.

The oldest one I have is my 98 Raven, bought last year. Never owned or seen any pre tac stuff, doubt you would on this forum anyways. I was in the market for a zt 0560 and it just so happened that my regular knife store did not have one (Plaza Cutlery), so I made a few calls to some local gun shops. I finally found one who carried one and when I got there I went looking at there very small knife selection but noticed that they had some Emerson knives. As I scanned the selection I saw an unfamiliar model only seen throughout the bowels of the internet. It was like love at first site. It was like Christmas in April or whenever I got my tax return. Cool find, still have it too. Since then I came across another one in a trade but was not attached to it like the one I picked up in the store. Moral of the story is search outside the box.

Back