Who has access to our e-mail addy's?

I have received 3 e-mails now from people requesting information about the Crayola company!! Flattering, yes. But I am curious as to why I am getting these e-mails? Do you folks have any idea? I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the deal is. I did ask the second person but got unhelpful info. Also, the third person was french! Good thing I took some french in school! But, my french isn't good enough to ask how I ended up getting an e-mail!

I'm not cheesed off, just curious if you can help me.

------------------
"Come What May..."

You post under the name Crayola, you post an email address in your profile, and you wonder how?
biggrin.gif
A simple search out on almost any of the search engines out there will pull you up! You'll probably start getting email from elementary schools soon! Maybe you can come up with the first "Crayola knife"! With various waxy colors!
biggrin.gif

Hank

I get frequent email from some guy in Turkey who thinks I know something about waterjet cutting technology and have lots of useful information for him (he is a professor of Enigmanerring or something like that at idiotsRus Universality). I keep telling him that I (tokomoru@home.com) am NOT whomever he wants to talk to, but he just does not seem to want to listen. Oh well. Persistance is a virtue unless it is stupid. Then it is merely annoying.

Advice:
Ignore the idiots. That's what I do unless I am feeling particularly onery.

Paracelsus

Spambots can't harvest addresses from UBB forums. They must have gotten yours some other way.

If you keep getting mail from the same spammer you can always killfile him. Replying just tells them that is a valid address they're spamming, so they'll spam you all the more.

-Cougar :{)

Back