Who is Mike Thourot?

I've searched the web and I can't find anything about him. He is not on the ABS mastersmith list, and I can't seem to find any pictures of his work. So the question remains "Who is Mike Thourot?"

Fan of Steel,
I have been trying the same thing and came up just as dry! Who is the man????

Bo Hansen

Mike has been a custom maker for somewhere around 20 years. His shop is in Ohio. He has hunted and skinned about everything that can be hunted and skinned ;) He is not a big fan of the internet so that is why you can't find any info on him via the web. If you look in some of the "knife books" you can see additional info on him and he has also had his work pictured in Blade. We will be getting a page on our website about him once we have a few spare minutes. Last but certainly not least he is also a Vietnam Vet. And I thank him for his service.
Sorry this is not anywhere near a full history but I've got a busy day ahead and I wanted to answer this before I forgot.

:D:D

Well unfortunately I've not seen any of his personal custom work. After spending the weekend hanging out with him here and there I do know that when they say custom knifemaker that's exactly what they mean. He makes knives to suit and fit the customer. Also after being around him and talking to him I have no problem buying and using a blade he designed or collaborated on. He's a heck of a nice guy.
And quite the dancer I found out at Coyote Ugly. :eek: :D

Mike is, as has been said, first and foremost one helluva nice guy.

He's also been making knives for decades. He helped get Jerry into knifemaking.

He's also a JW Blue Label fanatic :D

Paradiggum said:
And quite the dancer I found out at Coyote Ugly. :eek: :D
hm. wonder why i didn't notice him dancing. it's not like there was anything else to look at.
:D :( :D :mad:
at coyote ugly.
:confused:

voracious said:
hm. wonder why i didn't notice him dancing. it's not like there was anything else to look at.
:D :( :D :mad:
at coyote ugly.
:confused:

Would you be refering to the Cowgirl & the Devil? :eek:

Back