Who likes bowies?

I just finished up a small easy carrying bowie. 8.25" overall, a 4.25" blade and .187" thick. The handle is quite ergonomic. If anyone is familiar with the late Bob Kasper and his "locked in" techniques will understand how this knife feels in the hand. While it provides a very secure feeling grip like the Kasper designs, it offers a more versatile grip. I am still carrying the prototype around to see how it feels. While I like it with the thicker steel, I am seriously thinking about taking it down to the .150" range. This will lighten it up quite a bit.

LittleRiverBowie.jpg

Thanks! I appreciate it. I really love what a Bowie has to offer. I have been trying to get this one right for a while. It is looking like I might have gotten close.

Thanks again guys! I am very pleased with this one!

The one pictured is actually 440C. It is part of a batch going to Knife Center very soon. Future pieces will be S30V as standard. However, I will make it from any steel.

In all honesty, while I really do like S30V a lot, I still make many knives in D2, 440C and 154cm. Why? I like those steels!

154cm has never let me down. In fact it was my first quality modern knife was in 154cm and i was absolutely blown away. It seemed like science fiction to me at the time.

Back