1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Who made this knife?

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by jamesslawso4900, Nov 10, 2018.

1. jamesslawso4900

jamesslawso4900

Feb 8, 2014
    Looking for any information about this knife, does anyone recognize the knife maker? Love this darn thing and would like to have a few more as friends and family like it too, I bought a few years ago from someone in this site and can’t find any of my communications about it.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/aS2p7cw?s=sms

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. clint c

clint c

Aug 21, 2001
    Looks like one made by Dan Koster out of Arkansas - fantastic guy and makes some great blades - got into it serious over 10 years ago and has a pile for sale on DLT Trading.

jamesslawso4900 likes this.
  3. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Doesn't look like a Koster mark whatsoever. Maybe early?

Nor does it look like a current 'KC Knives' mark, but that's a closer style. (Kevin Cox from Canada)

4. jamesslawso4900

jamesslawso4900

Feb 8, 2014
    Thanks I’ll look him up and see

5. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Does not look like Koster's mark, of any era of his I've seen, and ive been following his knives for a long time.