Who made this knife?

They each come with a COA
The document is marketing crap to capitalize on Schrade's most unfortunate demise - It's worthless - Total trash - The document was not even produced by Schrade.

red,
I would imagine either Bear or Camillus. I just thought someone might know for sure which American company made them.

Dale

Hey Orvet ...I think these might be made by Schrade....BUT.....I was on Eknifeworks @2or3 nights ago just screwin around and there were some of these (I believe ) on thier sight.NOW>>>THE >>>BUT I think when Taylor got the Schrade work they got parts and pieces,along with those blades with this stamp on it. If these knives were assembled in china or where didn't seem clear.I just picked up my Smoky Mountain Xmas catalog and here they are. I do believe they still have a few.I 'm going to check as soon as I post this,I'll get back to you. If I leave to check I'll have to type this all over and my index finger is already sore.

ORVET I just went to Ekinfeworks and yes I did find these there are 14 diffrent ones rangeing from 19.99 to 29.99 The way the E wrks..site gives the spill is a short story about the name brand..da da da...and the closure,and how the company sold the raw materials,steel and handle materials..THESE..are being listed under Taylor Brand LLC. so the conclusion that I arrived at was Taylor got some of the blades w/ USA stamps took them to thier new plant and had the CHINEESE wrkrs..warm up on assembling...now they bring them back here and some #@&*^%$#@ing EBAYER is .........................YOU MAD YET...you better get on over to EKNIFEWORKS before I buy um all . Cuz I'm going to ........uh......um,,,mmyea ,,yea I'm going to disassemble then put um back together an put um on EBAY......ALL KIDDING aside their...CHIRADE.....With a double USA...twist...Should have to declare (assembled off shore) If this is the case it's still just a guess.Has anyone heard anything more about the Taylor plant thats supposed to be going up in TENNESSEE?

Camillus are making the Yellow Schrade types that have been available through SMKW, maybe these are also made by Camillus, I think that originally both styles were made to commemorate the Schrade company. Now it seems some people are selling these either knowing the real history of these knives or not, I have one of the walnut handled Schrade Walden trappers, not a bad knife as some go. Any way what more do you want, the e-bay knife as mentioned by Orevet has a least the Walden name ITCHED into the blade.

Rusty1

Old Stock my A**

There are a lot of those on ebay, various patterns and the tooling appears to be identical to that used by Bear & Sons....so would guess that that is who makes them.

Back