Who made this puukko?

I recently bought this Puukko at a garage sale. The previous owner thought that the manufacturer was Rosellini, but I couldn't locate anyone by that name.

Does anyone have any idea who the manufacturer might be. The sheth is fairly distinctive, and the blade appears to be carbon steel, based on how quickly it is taking a patina. Other than the sheath, there are no identifying marks.

Thanks in advance.
Damon

i assume it does not have any markings? Roselli is the name of the manufacturer that i am guessing the guy was talking about. nice knife. good score.

No, that's not a Roselli. I suspect it is an Iisakki Jarvenpaa puukko.
Rich

Can't offer you any help on the ID but it's sure a nice knife. :thumbup:

Iisakki Jarvenpaa, I have a sheath with the same anvil stamped on the top, and that is an old Jarvenpaa symbol. John

Incredible. That looks like my first real knife I received when I was seven. Only difference was that mine had a image of an elk burnt into the handle and a wrap-around dangler sheath.

BTW The blade holds a really sharp edge. I never understood why there was a fuller. The knife is very light and the few grams removed shouldn't make any noticeable effect weight wise.

Thanks for the info posted by others in this thread.

/C.

Thanks for all the info. I couldn't find anything on my own, so I really appreciate you guys weighing in. :thumbup:

I think it is a pretty nice blade as well. I love knives that have a history behind them.

I don't think it's a Jarvenpaa-I have one exactly like it (but scruffier-yours is in nice shape), and I have 4 or 5 winter war and earlier Jarvenpaa puukkos and these have a different overall groove to them.

Looked around my collection a little more, and I have the exact same puukko, same sheath, with the same anvil and lower markings, Jarvenpaa. John

This is a very nice puukko ! The high grind, the polished finish and the fuller indicate a knife which will provide tons of enjoyable daily use. The plain birch handle and the tin cup bolster relate closely to the discontinued Mora Classical which is among my favorite knives (because it is so incredibly efficient while being so sexy (in my eyes).

Back