1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Who made this puukko?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Dmuzzy, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Dmuzzy

Dmuzzy

Mar 14, 2013
    I recently bought this Puukko at a garage sale. The previous owner thought that the manufacturer was Rosellini, but I couldn't locate anyone by that name.

Does anyone have any idea who the manufacturer might be. The sheth is fairly distinctive, and the blade appears to be carbon steel, based on how quickly it is taking a patina. Other than the sheath, there are no identifying marks.

Thanks in advance.
    Damon
    [​IMG]

2. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    i assume it does not have any markings? Roselli is the name of the manufacturer that i am guessing the guy was talking about. nice knife. good score.

3. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    No, that's not a Roselli. I suspect it is an Iisakki Jarvenpaa puukko.
    Rich

4. Shotgun

Shotgun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2006
    Can't offer you any help on the ID but it's sure a nice knife. :thumbup:

5. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    Iisakki Jarvenpaa, I have a sheath with the same anvil stamped on the top, and that is an old Jarvenpaa symbol. John

6. Colinz

Colinz

Feb 16, 2001
    Incredible. That looks like my first real knife I received when I was seven. Only difference was that mine had a image of an elk burnt into the handle and a wrap-around dangler sheath.

BTW The blade holds a really sharp edge. I never understood why there was a fuller. The knife is very light and the few grams removed shouldn't make any noticeable effect weight wise.

Thanks for the info posted by others in this thread.

/C.

7. Dmuzzy

Dmuzzy

Mar 14, 2013
    Thanks for all the info. I couldn't find anything on my own, so I really appreciate you guys weighing in. :thumbup:

I think it is a pretty nice blade as well. I love knives that have a history behind them.

8. J W Bensinger

J W Bensinger

Mar 26, 2009
    I don't think it's a Jarvenpaa-I have one exactly like it (but scruffier-yours is in nice shape), and I have 4 or 5 winter war and earlier Jarvenpaa puukkos and these have a different overall groove to them.

9. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    Looked around my collection a little more, and I have the exact same puukko, same sheath, with the same anvil and lower markings, Jarvenpaa. John

10. herisson

herisson Knuckle dragging and mean minded Neanderthal Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    This is a very nice puukko ! The high grind, the polished finish and the fuller indicate a knife which will provide tons of enjoyable daily use. The plain birch handle and the tin cup bolster relate closely to the discontinued Mora Classical which is among my favorite knives (because it is so incredibly efficient while being so sexy (in my eyes).